Private Equity Competition 2012/2013 - Madrid local round.
IE Venture Capital and Private Equity Club Dec 13, 2012
P.E.C. is a unique global competition for MBAs.
13 groups of 5 students will participate. All groups will present their LBO model of a PE transaction first to the Private Equity Board. The best six will present to the jury composed by:
- Rafael Hurtado (IE professor and CIO of the Asset Management Area of Banco Popular).
- Alexander Wit (Managing Partner of PHI Industrial).
- Fernando Elío Dolz de Espejo (Founding shareholder and member of the Investment Committee of ProA Capital).
PEC is a unique global competition for MBAs.
- Teams of 5 MBA students, acting as a PE fund.
- A real MBO transaction, with original deal documents and actual persons that worked on the transaction. Top European Business School (HEC, IE, IESE, INSEAD, LBS).
- Unique opportunity to network with PE professionals and to gain insight into the buyout process
- 1st stage: led by each school’s PE professionals, Faculty and PE Club; winning team goes further.
- 2nd stage: Barcelona, 19th of April, one team from each school.
- Negotiations with management, banker, Invest. Committee
- Presentations of investment proposal, and Q&A from judges