- Startup Competition of The South Summit
- VI Edición de los Premios a las Mejores Prácticas en Comunicación Interna
- IE´s Startup Incubator in area 31 looks for innovative entrepreneurs
- IE Alumna: Estás lista para el Consejo de Dirección?
- Santiago Íñiguez, ponente invitado en la conferencia de Going Global 2013 en Dubai.
50 Tips for 50 Somethings
13 de noviembre 2012
Kellogg Alumni Career Services is pleased to bring back one of our most popular alumni workshops, “50 Tips for 50 Somethings”.
Job seekers over 50 have a variety of reasons for being in the job market and they face some unique challenges. Some are in transition and looking for a new role, while others may be looking for more personally meaningful work. Some are empty nesters looking to reenter the market after raising children; others are finding they need to work longer to build up their retirement funds. If you are a 50-something job seeker, you are not alone. Labor statistics say this group makes up 15% of the current workforce and is likely to grow to over 20% by 2014. Whatever your reasons for being in the job market, please join us for an exciting evening filled with perspectives, insights and discussion:
6:00-6:45: Keynote Speaker: Christopher S. Rollyson, Managing Director, CSRA-“Leveraging the Social Channel to Transform the Job Search”
6:45-8:00: Panel to address topics and questions for the over 50 job seeker
8:00-9:00: Practice your elevator pitch and networking approach with fellow MBA alumni in groups.
Topics Christopher S. Rollyson will cover:
- The new job market: you probably feel that it's different, but how? How you can benefit.
- The key of being remembered: resumes are out, scenarios are in. How to make yours.
- How to build a network with purpose that strengthens your assets.
- How to draw attention to yourself by serving others online. How promoting pushes people away.
Christopher Rollyson is Managing Director of CSRA, which advises brands, governments and nonprofits on social business strategy. CSRA’s Executive's Guide to Social Networks uses management consulting methodologies to apply LinkedIn, Twitter, blogs, Facebook and other platforms to business processes. Rollyson has over 25 years' experience with PricewaterhouseCoopers Management Consulting Services, KPMG, and numerous specialist firms and business ventures.
Registration and cost: $25 includes a boxed dinner. Register online by November 8.
Register Online. Non-Kellogg alumni can register by clicking the “register without logging in” button for non-alumni at the very bottom of the page.
If you are unable to remember your log in or password during registration, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Please contact Lin-Wei Bonney at Alumni Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-467-1928 with further questions.