- Startup Competition of The South Summit
- VI Edición de los Premios a las Mejores Prácticas en Comunicación Interna
- IE´s Startup Incubator in area 31 looks for innovative entrepreneurs
- IE Alumna: Estás lista para el Consejo de Dirección?
- Santiago Íñiguez, ponente invitado en la conferencia de Going Global 2013 en Dubai.
- El Entorno de los Negocios en la Década del 2020 y su Impacto en la Competitividad
- Continúa tu carrera profesional en Latinoamérica
- IE Venture Network with FundedByMe in Helsinki
- Evisors Career Webinar Series: Structuing Your Case Interview Notes
- Master Class: Business financing or what is equally important for Power Plans, Hotels and Aircrafts (Ukraine)
IE Master Class in Dubai: The Banking Industry: Outlook 2012
21 de febrero 2012
IE Master Class in Dubai with Carlos García de Juana
Over three years after the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the start of the global financial crisis which transformed the banking industry, what is the situation of banks today and what are the main challenges they face? Has the global financial crisis affected all banks in the same way? What are the banks´ key themes for the near future under the current economic situation? The purpose of the conference is to share the views on the role and outlook of banks from down to earth observations of an international ex-banker while concentrating on recent economic developments, changes in regulation and supervision and social trends.
CARLOS GARCIA DE JUANA is a Senior Advisor to the Finance Master Programs at IE Business School where he also teaches Financial Management and Risk Measurement and Risk Governance courses. He teaches at Universidad Complutense de Madrid as well (Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales), ownes and manages a consulting firm and is involved in venture projects. Throughout his extensive professional experience he worked for five years as Global Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer and Director of Vega Fund Holdings Agencia de Valores S.A. He was also director of Proxima Alfa Investements SGIIC, an Asset Management Company resulting from a joint venture between BBVA and Vega. Prior to Vega, Carlos worked for over eighteen years in Banco Santander as Senior Managing Director in the Wholesale and Investment Banking Division and as CEO and Director of a number of Santander international operations such as New York, London and Puerto Rico.
Should you have any questions regarding this event or anything to do with IE please feel free to contact us directly at UAE@ie.edu.