- IE´s Startup Incubator in area 31 looks for innovative entrepreneurs
- IE Alumna: Estás lista para el Consejo de Dirección?
- Santiago Íñiguez, ponente invitado en la conferencia de Going Global 2013 en Dubai.
- Premio al mejor profesor del año
- GREEN ENERGY PROJECTS - ENEL otorga 650.000 EUR de financiación a proyectos de tecnología limpia
Financial Crises and Firm Performance: Lessons from the Mexican Crisis
07 de noviembre 2012
Much research has been produced regarding the macroeconomic effects of crises, and on how these effects spread to different countries through contagion channels. However, there is a lack of information on the microeconomic repercussions of these crises. The intention of this conference is to bring up additional knowledge on how companies perform during crises, using as case study the Mexican crisis.
We argue that differences in performance relate to firm characteristics, such as capital structure and internal corporate governance arrangements. From the findings obtained, we derive a number of recommendations in order to reduce companies´ vulnerabilities to financial crises; a crucial topic due to the present situation at several European nations.
Karen Watkins obtained the PhD degree in Finance at Erasmus University Rotterdam. She has published several articles in international journals, and is the author of the book entitled ¨Macroeconomic crisis and firm performance¨. Prof. Watkins is affiliated to the Economics Intelligence Research Center and the Graduate School, at UPAEP Mexico. She is member of the Mexican National Research System and the EURO Working Group on Financial Modelling.