- Startup Competition of The South Summit
- VI Edición de los Premios a las Mejores Prácticas en Comunicación Interna
- IE´s Startup Incubator in area 31 looks for innovative entrepreneurs
- IE Alumna: Estás lista para el Consejo de Dirección?
- Santiago Íñiguez, ponente invitado en la conferencia de Going Global 2013 en Dubai.
Social Impact Finance Forum
15 de octubre 2012
The Social Impact Finance Forum brings together young leaders, entrepreneurs, major banks, alternative finance institution and legal advisors to discuss the “The Future of Finance - How alternative finance can fund businesses”.
As Regional Director for Europe and Asia, Michael Looft is responsible for setting strategy, managing the portfolio of current microfinance partners, and conducting due diligence on potential partners. In 2006, Michael shifted his career into microfinance after twelve years in the retail & commercial banking industries. Prior to joining Kiva, Michael organized savings and loan clubs (ASCAs) in Sierra Leone, developed a microfinance program for a US-based nonprofit operating in the Philippines, and worked as a data analyst for an MFI in Guatemala. He holds an undergraduate degree in International Business with a concentration in finance from San Francisco State University, and graduate degrees from both St. John's College and Harvard. At Harvard, Michael focused on designing Shariah compliant microfinance products for Muslim communities, as well as researching the impacts of faith-based involvement in the microfinance industry.
Dr.Raja M. Almarzoqi is advisor, Middle East and Central Asia Department, IMF. Before he joint the IMF, he worked as an associate professor of economics at Institute of Diplomatic Studies, and adjunct professor at Thunderbird Global Business School and King Saud University. In addition to his duties in the Institute, he serves as Chief Economist of Al-Khabeer Capital. He was Minister Plenipotentiary; Chairman of Monetary Union Unit; Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC).
Danae Ringelmann co-founded Indiegogo to democratize fundraising. Passionate about helping artists and entrepreneurs embrace crowdfunding, Danae speaks often at conferences. Recent speaking engagements include SXSW, MAD Hong Kong, Ted, Big Omaha. Fast Company Magazine recently named Danae one of the Top 50 Most Influential Women in Technology.
Dr Ignacio de la Torre is the Academic Director of the Master in Finance Programs at IE Business School and Partner of Arcano. With twelve years experience in diverse fields of investment banking (corporate finance, equity research, specialist sales of media stocks, generalist sales of European equities and derivative sales at UBS and Deutsche Bank), de la Torre has been involved as a Professor for IE for the last six years, teaching creative accounting, macroeconomics, finance & valuation courses. Professor De la Torre has also founded a business, the Internet retailer www.tododvd.com where he acts as a member of the board.
If you are interested in:
• Learning about alternative ways to finance future businesses
• Network with the leading thinkers, policymakers and executives who use alternative ways of finance from organizations such as Inter-American Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank, JAK Medlemsbank, Robabank, Friends Clear, Alkhabeer Capital, Alkhabeer Capital, Renfe, National Commercial Bank , Eversis, Creative Currency, The Hub and more. To read more of their bios click here
• Discovering the opportunities for yourself and how businesses can benefit from alternative finance.
• Find out who are the winners of the What is Out? Video Competition where you can watch their videos here.
This event is for you!
To see more of the agenda click here.