- Master Class: Business financing or what is equally important for Power Plants, Hotels and Aircrafts (Almaty)
- The Importance of a Healthy Nutrition
- AMCF Career Webinar Series: Charting a Winning Course from Day 1: Perspectives for Starting Employment at a Large or Small Consulting Firm
- Innovation and business models that effectively work for the bottom billion
- Culturally Competent Healthcare
Water is life - Maji Ni Uhai
IE Net Impact Club, IE Africa Club Sep 13, 2012
In this panel, representatives from AMREF Flying Doctors and Spanish company Ferrovial will share their experiences from the dynamic NGO/private company partnership.
“Water is life” is an award-winning and highly successful project in Tanzania that has enabled thousands of people in the Serengeti district to readily gain access to water and sanitation. In this panel, representatives from AMREF Flying Doctors and Spanish company Ferrovial will share their experiences from the dynamic NGO/private company partnership. What makes the project unique is how a Spanish company, a European NGO and an African NGO has worked together to create sustainable sanitary solutions. The project is also a stellar example of how a company effectively can contribute with financing, manpower and know-how to create sustainable solutions together with an NGO and local authorities. The cost of the project was EUR 1.8M, and results are solid. Before the project, 28 percent of the population had access to clean water. Thanks to AMREF and Ferrovial, that number reached 89 percent in 2012.
Alfonso Rodríguez Maroto, General Director of Fundación AMREF Flying Doctors
Auxi Reula, Project Director of Water is life in Tanzania
Manuel Costa, Manager Corporate Responsibility & Institutional Affairs, Ferrovial