Accommodation in Madrid and Segovia
Admissions quick list
13/12/2013. Milan (ITALY)Admission Test
13/12/2013. Madrid (SPAIN)Admission Test
13/12/2013. Madrid (SPAIN)Open Day
14/12/2013. Segovia (SPAIN)Open Day
14/12/2013. Segovia (SPAIN)Admission Test
10/28/2013 - 10:58 - IE University, rankingIE University ranked No. 1 in Spain and No. 34 worldwide in the Global Employability Survey 2013
10/07/2013 - 12:02 - IE UniversityIE University organizes an international discussion about the future of Higher Education
10/01/2013 - 11:13 - IE UniversityIE University consolidate its position as destination for international students
Do you have any questions?plegar/desplegar
At IE University we offer personalized attention from our Student Office, which works in order to help students out with issues related to student life.
Once you are enrolled at IE University this department will provide you with personalized attention in the following areas:
- Facilities and services in Madrid
- Extracurricular activities
Accommodation is just one of the many things the Student Office can do for you.
This may be the first time that you live away from home, or the first time you're in Madrid! We know that one of your biggest concerns is the accommodation. Luckily, Madrid is a city that offers multiple options when looking for a place to live. Although the Madrid Campus does not have a residence for IE student, in terms of Student Accommodation, the Student Office has established several agreements and we will give you helpful advices depending on yours and your family's preference.
1. Renting an apartment: The Student Office recommends online tools like the search engines idealista.com, fotocasa.es, airbnb.es, among others. We have a large database of apartments around the campus in Madrid, to which all students can access once they have the online campus´ username and password. Furthermore, we have established agreements with several estate agencies and additional students’ services, which make the accommodation search easier for our students. We are constantly receiving offers from the outside, which we try to redirect to all students who have expressed an interest for accommodation in specific areas. We facilitate students integration helping them finding flatmates, either directly when they contact us, or through our Facebook group, where they can get to know other university students who are also looking to share a flat.
2. Renting a room: As mentioned above, we recommend web browsers and communicate offers that come to us. In the same way, if we know of current IE students looking to rent a room in their apartment, we can put you in touch with them. We try to coordinate contact between students who go on an exchange program and leave their rooms for new IE students to rent.
3. Student residences: Here we list all the residences with which we have agreements with or that are recommended by our students. If you would like a more personalized guide to know the specific details of each of these options, you can contact us and we'll help you get the option that best suits your needs.
The Residence in Madrid: Agreement 15% discount for IE University, located very close to the campus.
CONTACT: Aurora Bardón
San Lorenzo Residence:
Residence for women-only
CONTACT: María Vega Pulido
Palacio de Barradas Residence:
Mirasierra University Residence:
CONTACT: +34 913604192
Club Universitario residence:
CONTACT: Raquel López
4. Residence Halls close to IE University and recommend by our students.
Most of our students usually opt for residences. However, some of our Spanish students are housed in residence halls near the campus.
Male Residence Halls:
Colegio Mayor JAIME DEL AMO, Many IE University students think it is the one with “the best atmosphere”. www.jaimedelamo.org
Colegio Mayor Elías Ahuja, www.eliasahuja.org
Colegio Mayor Alcalá, www.cmalcala.es
Female Residence Halls:
Colegio Mayor Padre Poveda, www.cmppoveda.org
Colegio Mayor Berrospe, www.berrospe.es
Colegio Mayor Vedruna, www.cmvedruna.org
5. We also provide the homestay options - students choose to live with a local family -and short term accommodation for exchange or international students who prefer to find accommodation once they get to Madrid.
The Campus Residence Hall
IE University directly manages the Reyes Catolicos Residence Hall. The period of reservation for new students begins November 1 and ends once all available places are taken. Places are awarded starting July 20th.
The Reyes Católicos Residence Hall
The Reyes Católicos Residence Hall is located on the University's Santa Cruz la Real Campus, in the heart of the city's green belt. The Hall is located in a newly renovated building with 43 modern rooms – 20 single and 23 double – with en suite bathrooms, telephone and Wi-Fi broadband internet access. The rooms come fully furnished with bed and bathroom linen and are cleaned daily.
The Residence Hall’s location on the University campus gives residents easy access to all the University's facilities – café, dining hall, photocopying and printing center, library, and computer and study rooms.
The Reyes Catolicos Residence Hall
Phone: +34 921 44 26 88
Fax: +34 921 44 55 93
The meal service operates from Monday to Saturday. No meals are served on Sundays or holidays. Three meals are served daily in our dining hall: breakfast, lunch and dinner, at hours that are compatible with academic class schedules. Students who wish to eat outside of those set meal times must pay directly at the cafeteria.
Students are free to come and go 24/7. IE University trusts its students to behave responsibly and respect the rights of residence. There should be no excessive noise, especially between 11pm and 9am. Visitors are permitted from 10am to 10pm. A record will be kept for security reasons of all students who leave and enter the residence during the night. Students who intend to spend a night or the weekend away from the Residence Hall must inform the Residence Hall managers in advance. Parties are strictly forbidden in the rooms, corridors, staircases and common rooms.
Telephone and Internet
Telephones are available in all rooms and can be used for both internal and external calls which are billed monthly. A broadband Wi-Fi internet connection is also available. You will need a computer with a Wi-Fi card or a device which is compatible with the IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN standard. Access is included in the monthly accommodation fee.
Student rooms and communal areas are cleaned daily (except on Sundays and bank holidays). Students must make their bed and tidy their room so the cleaning staff can do their job properly.
Silence must be observed from 23.00 onwards. Students are expected to behave responsibly and respect other students. Parties are strictly forbidden in the rooms, corridors, staircases and communal areas.
The Extracurricular Activities Department organizes events and activities throughout the year, both on campus and in Segovia and the surrounding area. These include regular conferences, guest speakers and exhibitions, in addition to sporting activities including football, tennis, basketball and skiing, and creative arts such as music, photography and creative writing. We also encourage and assist students to form their own clubs, based around their particular hobbies and interests, with the aim of helping our residents to integrate in university life and fostering a strong sense of community amongst our students.
Furniture and Electrical Appliances
Students can bring their own study lamp, computer, drawing board, special chair or any other items they need for their studies. Hotplates, kettles, heaters, microwaves, and other devices that have an electrical element or produce flames or smoke are strictly forbidden for safety reasons.
The Residence Hall has a weekly bed linen and towel laundry service. Students can also use their own towels and bed linen and wash them themselves. A clothes laundry service is also available and is charged per kilo of clothing. Clothes are washed and dried. Clothes requiring ironing are subject to an additional charge. Students can wash their own clothes in coin-operated machines (washers and driers) provided by the Residence Hall.
Student Opinionsver más
Natalia MolinaAt night at the residency I have a place to study ... ...
At night at the residence they offer two rooms for you to study, so I spend my nights there when I need to.
Luis Enrique CaraballoI am staying at the residency my first year ... ...
Luis Enrique Caraballo
I am staying at the residence this year . It is more comfortable and I can be more involved with the university atmosphere.
Jorge OspinaI decided to live in the residency because it's more comfortable ... ...
I chose to live at the residence because I felt it was more comfortable. There is a cleaning and food service. Additionally, it is 30 seconds away from class, which is very convenient.