The IE Admissions Department makes a rigorous selection among the large numbers of candidates who apply to the Masters in Finance: selecting dynamic, creative, high-potential profiles that stand out by their academic and professional achievements as well as interpersonal skills.Request Information
The IE Admissions Department has a rigorous selection process. We seek motivated, creative and high-potential candidates who stand out for their academic and/or professional achievements, as well as interpersonal skills. We take a holistic approach when evaluating each candidate in order to bring in the most talented people into our international classrooms.
All applications received from May 15th to June 30th will be considered for the Priority Admission process. Participate in the Priority Admission and you will receive your final admission decision in two weeks, allowing you to plan early on and kick-start your studies. Get familiar with the process through our 5 simple steps.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
At www.ie.edu/app, candidates should complete the sections that appear in the online application form and must also upload the following documents:
– Bachelor degree from an accredited university (*)
– Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
– 1 page CV/Resume
– 2 letters of recommendation
– English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. If you take the TOEFL or the IELTS, your English exam is valid for two years, from the date you took the exam.
– Photocopy of current passport
– Passport size picture
– Application fee 125€ (non-refundable and payable by credit card or cash)
*Possible additional legalization and/or translation requirements might be applicable. Please click here for more info.
Once you have submitted your online application and paid the application fee, you will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format. This way, our admissions team will be able to meet you virtually and evaluate your capacity to respond in real time.
The entrance exam requirements are as the following
– MIF program: GMAT (a competitive score is recommendable, 80% of our students have GMAT 650-770)
– GMIF: GMAT or CAIA level I or CFA level I (*)
– MIAF: GMAT or CAIA level I or CFA level II
(*) Candidates with extensive work experience in finance, banking or related areas will be considered for an exam waiver.
In regards to the English Language certificate, we accept TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced, Cambridge Proficiency, and PTE Academic.
Those students who studied the bachelor degree in English or have worked for a minimum of 2 years in an English-speaking country will be considered for an exemption of the English test.
You will have a personal interview (face-to-face or via Skype) with and Associate Director of the Admissions Team.
ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE FINAL DECISION
After the interview, your entire application will be evaluated holistically by our Admissions Committee. This is the last step of your application and it will take roughly 1-3 weeks for the Admissions Committee to get back to you with a final decision. Admissions are valid for the intake you apply to and the following one.
Practice makes one perfect!
The Master in Finance has been consistently ranked in the top 8 by the Financial Times´ Global Masters in Finance rankings in the past four years. It is also ranked No.1 worldwide by eFinancialCareers, a ranking that measures the number of students who got jobs in top investment banks.
Master in Finance for getting an investment banking jobE-Financial Careers
European Business SchoolFinancial Times