Borja Alonso de Linaje
Borja Alonso de Linaje
Over the last years, Borja has co-founded and developed various startups in the bioenergy field and in the feed/food industry, where stands up Camelina Company España and Excel Supplements., failing, pivoting their business models, bringing on board strategic partners, raising private capital as well as leveraging public funds for R&D programmes. He is currently managing Camelina Company España, Europe’s flagship company for the production of camelina, a sustainable source of Omega 3 for the food and feed industry. Based on this experience, Borja has launched various initiatives and brands for the pet food industry and the competing horse feed market.
Prior to this startup experience, Borja worked for several years in a leading company in the aviation industry, where he gained extensive experience in managing teams in international projects.
Based upon his multi-sectorial and international experience, he started his academic venture where he serves as Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation in IE Business School and collaborates tutoring Innovation Projects in multinationals with the Financial Times and IE Business Schools Learning Alliance (Headspring). He is now the Academic Director of the AMP (Advanced Management Program) of IE Executive Education.
Borja brings knowledge and experience in entrepreneurship in bioenergy, agritech, feed, and biofuels, as well as experience in institutional fundraising and launching and managing innovative projects.
• Co-founder of Camelina Company España, 2010-Present
• Co-founder of Excel Supplements Europe, 2016-Present
• Co-founder of Bioenergía y Cultivos Agroenergéticos, 2010-Present
• Test intrumentation manager, ITP Company, Spain 2006-2010
• Academic Director of Advanced Management Program, IE Business School Executive Education 2019-Present
• Adjunct Professor of Entrepreneurship & Innovation, IE Business School, Spain, 2016-Present
• Innovation Projects, Headspring a Financial Times & IE Corporate Learning Alliance, 2015-Present
• Visiting Professor, Universidad Europea de Madrid, Spain, 2016-2018
• Area 31 mentor, 2015-Present
• MBA in Business Administration IE Business School, Spain, 2011
• Master in Automotive Engineering Chalmers University, Sweden 2006
• Degree in Industrial Engineering Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain 2006