Assistant Professor, Law
Professor Charlotte Leskinen holds a LL.M. from University of Helsinki (FI), with Erasmus experiences in France and Germany, a M.A. in European Interdisciplinary Studies from the College of Europe, Natolin (PL), and a Ph.D. in EU Law from Complutense University of Madrid (ES).
She has worked as a Senior Research Officer at the Finnish Competition Authority for four years. She has also worked as a trainee in the DG Competition of the European Commission and the Austrian Ministry of Environment and as an assisting inspector in the Trade Register of the National Board of Patents and Registration of Finland. Currently, Charlotte Leskinen teaches European Union Law and Public International Law at IE University and European Union Law at IE Law School. Her research focuses on European and International Competition Law and EU Internal Market Law.
• Master of Laws, University of Helsinki
• M.A. in European Interdisciplinary Studies, College of Europe, Natolin
• Competition Law, IEB
• Diploma of Advanced Studies in European Law. UCM
• Adjunct Professor of Law, IE Law School and IE University
• Senior Research Officer, Finnish Competition Authority, International Affairs Unit
• Leskinen, C. (2019). “El derecho al resarcimiento por infracciones del Derecho de la competencia a la luz de la jurisprudencia del TJUE y la Directiva de daños en materia de competencia”. In Marien Aguilera Morales (Eds.). TJUE, Justicia civil y derechos fundamentales. Thomson Reuters-Aranzadi.
• Leskinen, C., De Elizalde, F. (2018). “The control of terms that define the essential obligations of the parties under the Unfair Contract Terms Directive: Gutiérrez Naranjo”. Common Market Law Review, Vol. 55 (5): 1595-1618.
• Leskinen, C. (2018). “The Implementation of the Antitrust Damages Directive—Expected Impact in Light of Common Trends and Main Divergences”. Global Competition Litigation Review, Vol. (2): 47-55.