Information Systems & Technology
Christina Stathopoulos is originally from Charlotte, North Carolina, USA but has been based in Madrid, Spain since 2012. She is dedicated to the world of data, working as an Analytical Consultant at Google and an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Information Systems and Technologies at IE Business School. She is an analyst, statistician, and educator helping companies harness the power of data. As well, an avid reader, traveler, strong supporter of lifelong learning and early adopter of new technologies. She holds a M.Sc. in Business Analytics and Big Data from IE School of Human Sciences and Technology and a B.Sc. in Science, Technology and Society from North Carolina State University.
Christina’s day-to-day at Google involves analyzing search engine market trends and driving actionable business insights for Spain’s top international clients via the use of advanced analytics and data visualization. She is passionate about the empowerment of women within her field, and thus participates as a Facilitator of the Google IamRemarkable workshops externally for organizations such as the United Nations and Amadeus.
Before moving to her current role at Google, Christina worked as a Data Engineer at both the American market research firm Nielsen and the software company SAS Institute. Alongside her corporate and academic work, Christina is a regular conference attendee and speaker supporting women in STEM and emerging technologies. Some of her conference appearances include keynote speeches in Istanbul’s Smart Future World Expo, TechIE Madrid, Moscow and Tbilisi Association of European Business meetings and guest lectures in ADA University Azerbaijan, Istanbul Technical University, American University of Armenia and Plekhanov Russian University of Economics in Moscow. She also occasionally writes for IE Insights magazine, in collaboration with IE University, and has participated widely in other parts of the University such as Campus Life and the High Impact Online Programs.
• Analytical Consultant, Google, Spain, 2017 – present
• Expert Engineer in Project Development and Big Data, Nielsen, Spain, 2016 – 2017
• Associate Systems Engineer, SAS Institute, Spain, 2016 – 2016
• Corporate Communications Consultant, Freelance, Spain, 2012 – 2017
• Adjunct Professor of Analytics, IE Business School, Spain, 2017 – present
• Guest Lecturer, ISDI, Spain, 2019 – present
• Executive MBA, Smartly Institute, USA, 2020
• Sc. in Business Analytics and Big Data, IE School of Human Sciences and Technology, Spain, 2016
• Sc. in Science, Technology and Society, North Carolina State University, USA, 2012