Isabel de Sivatte Font
Isabel de Sivatte Font
Accounting & Management Control
Isabel has been teaching Management Control at IE University since 2015, and she has taught business administration at undergraduate and graduate (master) levels since 2005. Her research interests relate to Human Resource Management. She has studied the impact of providing work-life programs to employees (e.g., flexible schedules, telework) on their commitment, as well as on organizational productivity. One of the main findings of that line of research is the relevance of “work-life” culture and how it affects the results studied, even more so than formally offering work-life programs. She has also analyzed the effects of age, experience and education on employee productivity. This study concludes that older and more educated workers are more productive; experience also enhances productivity, but less so. Her current research projects relate to several Human Resource processes such as employee performance appraisals, the effects of voluntary turnover on company productivity, and on how companies manage expatriates. In these lines, she has investigated the factors that have some influence on how expatriate children adjust to the foreign countries where they move to with their expatriate parents.
• Ph.D. in Business Administration, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, 2010
• Master of the European Community of Management Schools (CEMS), École des Hautes Études Commerciales (HEC), Jouy-en-Josas (France), 1990
• MBA in Business Administration, ESADE Spain, 1990
• Bachelor in Business Administration, ESADE, Spain, 1990
• Assistant Professor, IE University, Spain, 2015-present
• Professor, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, Spain, 2005-2015
• Visiting scholar, Boston College, USA, 2012, 2014
• International financial controller, Non-profit association, 1994-2002, Paris (France)
• International financial controller and Human Resource officer, Non-profit association, 1993-1994, Brussels (Belgium)
• de Sivatte, I., Gordon, J. R., Olmos, R., Simón, C. The effects of site experience on job performance: a missing element in work experience. Forthcoming in The international Journal of Human Resource Management. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2019.1687556
• de Sivatte, I., Bullinger, B., Cañamero, M., Martel, M. (2019). “Children of expatriates: Key factors affecting their adjustment”. Journal of Global Mobility: The Home of Expatriate Management Research https://doi.org/10.1108/JGM-11-2018-0058
• de Sivatte, I., Gordon, J., Rojo, P., and Olmos, R.: (2015): The impact of work-life culture on organizational productivity, Personnel Review, Vol. 44, 6, 883-905.
• de Sivatte, I. and Guadamillas, F. (2013): Antecedents and outcomes of implementing flexibility policies in organizations, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol. 24, 7, 1327-1345.
• de Sivatte, I. and Guadamillas, F. (2012): The measurement of work-family culture in Spain and some applications to other economies, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol. 26, 9, 1930-1949.