Luis Herrero Riaño
Luis Herrero Riaño
Operations & Technology
Luis is a business professional passionate for continuous learning, innovation and change. Flexibility, capability of adaptation, learning and agility, are some of the characteristics that he applies in his professional life.
Luis has worked in several sectors of the value chain, as a professional services business consultant, in some industrial companies belongs to different sectors, and currently he works in distribution – retail. During his professional career, he has had different position in boards and councils for multinational companies, so he has been directly linked to the creation and implementation of the business strategies.
Luis´s specialties fields are Operations, Organization and Technology. He has directly leaded and implemented several transformations as the JIT and the Lean principles implementation in manufacturing and services environments. During the last years he has been working in digital transformation, implementation of agile models in technological environments and more recently the transformation through platform models and “servitization”.
Due to his competencies on openness and learning, Luis has a great pleasure to actively participate in academic activities and research, collaborating with different forums where sharing and discussing principles and practices.
• Leader of the Services Platform, Leroy Merlin, Spain, 2019 – current.
• CIO, Digital and Omnichannel Transformation Program, ADEO, France, 2016-2018
• CIO & Supply Chain Director, Leroy Merlin, Spain, 1999-2015
• COO, LVMH Cosmetic & Parfum Branch, Spain, 1990-1999
• Quality Director, Abbott Laboratories, Spain, 1986-1990
• Environmental Nuclear Security Lead, Tecnicas Reunidas, Spain, 1983-1986
• Adjunct Professor of Operations, IE Business School
• Visiting Professor: MBIT School, UCJC University, EAE Business School, University Politecnica Madrid.
• Co-author books on Operations and business transformation.
• PhD. in Engineering, MIT – ZLC & University of Zaragoza, Spain, 2013
• DEA Economics, University Autonoma of Madrid, Spain, 2005
• Executive MBA, IE Business School, Spain, 1989
• Bachelor in Engineering, University Polytechnic of Madrid, Spain, 1982