Rafael Fernández Qundez
Rafael Fernández Qundez
Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour
HR professional with 26 years of management experience in Human Resources Management, delivering HR best practices and leading projects and teams in complex organizations. I worked for 4 multinational leading companies across different business sectors: automotive (PSA Peugeot-Citroën), retail banking (Caja Madrid Group), corporate and investment banking (Société Générale Corporate &Investment Banking) and currently in the oil and gas industry (CEPSA). Throughout my career, I have been providing expertise and value on two main expertise fields and roles: as Director of Talent Management/Learning and Development and as Human Resources Director/Human Resources Business Partner.
Currently working at the Spanish integrated Oil &Gas Company CEPSA, fulfilling two roles within HR function: HR Director of upstream business unit responsible for crude oil and natural gas exploration and production, and as Head of Talent Management, Culture and Learning at Corporate Level.
In addition I am professor on Human Resources subjects at several programs of the IE Business School in Spain since 2007: Executive MBA, Human Resources Executive Master, Senior and Executive Education Programs: Advanced Management, Senior Management and in-company programs.
• Director of Talent, Culture and Learning, CEPSA, Spain, 2007-today
• Human Resources Business Partner Exploration & Production Division, CEPSA, Spain, 2013-today.
• Human Resources Manager, Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, Spain, 2005-2007.
• Director of Talent Development, Caja Madrid, Spain, 2002-2005.
• Human Resources Regional Manager, Caja Madrid, Spain, 1998-2002.
• Human Resources Management Methods and Systems, Citroën (PSA), Spain, 1993-1998.
• Adjunct Professor, IE Business School, Spain, 2007-today
• Programs: EXMBA, AMP, SMP, in-company Programs. Human Resources and organizational behavior subjects.
• Law degree from the University of Deusto in Bilbao, Spain, 1986-1991.
• Master in Corporate and Institutional Communication ( (DESS ,Diplôme d’Études Supérieurs Spécialisés), Université de Bordeaux III, France, 1991-1992.
• Global Senior Management Program, IE Business School, Madrid, Spain, and the Booth Business School from Chicago University, USA, 2005
• Executive Master degree in Positive Leadership and Strategy (EXMPLS), IE University , School of Human Sciences&Technology, Madrid, 2019.