Operations & Technology
Sharada Kumaran is an Adjunct professor in the Operations Department since 2011. She brings her corporate experience from diverse industries and different countries to her classroom. She has won the IE Teaching Award for Excellence.
Jul 2007 – Sep 2010
Client Relationship Manager • Outsource Partners International, Los Angeles, CA, USA
OPI is a professional services firm specializing in business process outsourcing.
• Handled OPI’s largest account, a Big 4 consulting company, including business development, overseeing multiple services, billing compliance, contract compliance, transition to OPI services and serving as liaison for overall client satisfaction.
• Doubled annual revenue generation in two years through better financial modeling
• Prepared annual forecasting model for use by top executives at OPI and the client.
• Initiated three new projects and provided smooth transition of services from client to OPI
Jan 2002 – Aug 2003
Project Manager and Content Editor • Lionbridge, India
Lionbridge is an e-learning content provider.
• Supervised team of six writers and six graphic artists to complete a diverse range of projects in a timely/cost-efficient manner.
Aug 1996 – Aug 2001
Software developer • Tata Consultancy Services, India and USA
Tata Consultancy Services is India’s largest IT services and consulting company
• Liaised with potential and existing clients, including General Electric and Emirates Airlines, in gathering and evaluating individual requirements and in designing and implementing appropriate software projects and user interfaces.
• Used superior communication skills in gathering requirements from client, supervising four team members and working with management team in preparing and delivering status reports.
• Entrusted to use professional successes and exceptional interpersonal skills in training new hires.
• Awarded a one-year assignment in the US to oversee development and implementation of an inventory system for use by the client’s US and Netherlands sites.
• Adjunct Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management, IE Business School, Spain, 2011-Present
• MBA in Business Administration University of California, Irvine, CA, USA. 2007
• Bachelor’s in technology, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, College of Engineering, Trivandrum, India. 1996