Master In Customer Experience & Innovation - Admissions, Fees & Funding
Customer Experience & Innovation Program's Admissions & Fees
The tuition for the Master in Customer Experience & Innovation is 29,200€* for the 2021-2022 academic year.
*Tuition is reviewed on a yearly basis and therefore subject to change.
**Special Conditions for IE Alumni, please contact your admissions advisor for more information.
We understand that you’re making a significant investment and we believe that maximizing the availability of payment plan options is important in making your Master in Customer Experience & Innovation affordable. Our payment plans offer the following benefits:
- The ability to pay your tuition fees in up to 6 consecutive installments
- They can be used in conjunction with your financial aid award shall you receive a scholarship
- Our payment plans are interest-free and there are no pre-approval requirements or credit checks
Kindly note that plans with more than 3 consecutive installments will be charged 400€ for the administrative service it involves.
For further information, please contact the Admissions Department.
RELEVANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
COMPLETE YOUR ENTIRE APPLICATION PROCESS ONLINE
Keeping everyone safe and healthy is our number one priority, but we understand that planning for your future must continue. With this in mind, we have implemented an application process that is 100% online.
COVID-19 APPLICANTS’ FAQS
Due to the current worldwide circumstances with Covid-19, please have a look at the most frequently asked questions we have prepared and collected for our students and candidates.
APPLY FOR IE RESILIENCE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
We have created a fund to help our students and highly qualified candidates who, due to the pandemic, find themselves facing an exceptionally uncertain economic environment.
Master in Customer Experience & Innovation Application Process
Online Application form
Candidates should complete the sections that appear in the online application form and must also upload the following documents:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university (*)
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume. See example here.
- 1 essay
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7), Duolingo English Test (minimum score 120) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. The validity of all previously mentioned English language certificates for IE’s admissions process is two years, from the date you took the exam.
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Application fee: 150€ (fee is not refundable)
*Possible additional legalization and/or translation requirements might be applicable. Please click here for more info.
Once you have submitted your online application and paid the application fee, you will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format. This way, our admissions team will be able to meet you virtually and evaluate your capacity to respond in real time.
You will have a personal interview (face-to-face or via Skype) with and Associate Director of the Admissions Team.
Admissions Committee Final Decision
After the interview, your entire application will be evaluated holistically by our Admissions Committee. This is the last step of your application and it will take roughly 1-2 weeks for the Admissions Committee to get back to you with a final decision. Admissions are valid for the intake you apply to and the following one.
FAQ ADMISSION PROCESS
Review our FAQ responses to better understand everything related to our Admission Processes.
FAQ - Part I
How do I start the application process?
The first step to apply is to complete and submit the online application. You will need to register with your personal email on our platform and create a password so you can access it as many times as you need.
What are the steps of the Admissions Process?
- Fill out the online application form: Candidates should complete the sections that appear in the online application form and upload the required documents. You can access the online application here.
- Online assessment: Once you have submitted the online application and paid the application fee, you will receive a link to the online assessment, known as the Kira Assessment (Kira). This allows the admissions team to get a sense of your personality and potential before proceeding to a possible interview. Completing the assessment is simple—you will be given 3 questions to answer in a set amount of time. One of your responses will be written, and two will be recorded via video. The whole process should only take 20 to 30 minutes to complete. For more information please follow the following link: Welcome to IE University Admissions.
- Entrance exam*: Candidates are required to take either the GMAT, GRE , or IE Global Admissions Test (ieGAT, use this link to contact your local office to find out when and where the next exam will take place). For more information please follow the following link: Welcome to IE University Admissions.
- Personal Interview: Once you have completed the previous steps, the Admissions Committee will review your application and determine whether to advance you to the final interview phase. The interview will allow us to get to know you better, and further assess certain qualities, such as your personality, capacity for critical thinking, method of self-expression and other communication skills. Our objective is to gauge your potential as a part of IE University, developing a mutually beneficial relationship both personally and academically. This interview can be either face-to-face or via video conference. For more information please follow the following link: Welcome to IE University Admissions.
- Final Committee Decision: Once you have completed the application form, submitted the required documentation, and attended the personal interview, your application is reviewed by the University’s Admissions Committee. This is the last step of your application and it will take roughly 1-3 weeks for the Admissions Committee to get back to you with a final decision via e-mail.
Can I send my application even if I do not have all the requested documents with me at the moment?
Yes, once we receive your application, we will review the documentation you have submitted and inform you about the remaining items needed for your application.
Is there a deadline to apply?
No, there is no deadline because we have a rolling admissions process, which means that you can apply at any time of the year. However, due to the large number of applications we receive, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Keep in mind that a student visa time issue may vary from country to country, for more information please visit Student Services.
Can I apply to more than one program?
Yes, you can apply for up to two different programs and your application will be evaluated for both. Even though admissions requirements may differ from one program to another, you are required to submit all necessary documents in order to complete your application for both programs. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact our Admissions Team.
How long does the admission process take?
The various stages of our admissions process are aimed at identifying those areas of your academic and personal profile that make you unique, and to make sure that you fit in with our educational model. On average, the admissions process can take between 4-6 weeks, but it will always depend on each specific case. Places in our master programs are limited, and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, by strict order of admission date. For more information please follow the following link: Welcome to IE University Admissions.
What is the minimum GPA to be accepted in the program?
Even though we do take the candidate’s GPA into account, we do not require a minimum GPA. We follow a rigorous selection process and we take a holistic approach when we evaluate candidates based on their performance during the entire admissions process. This means that other criteria such as the formal interview, essay or entrance exam will be fundamental in the final admissions decision. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact our Admissions Team.
Am I eligible to apply if I have not completed the final project for my Bachelor’s Degree?
You can apply without having it completed, however you will not be able to start the program until you have presented your Bachelor’s Degree or the Degree Supplement. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact our Admissions Team.
For how many intakes can I defer my admission?
Your admission is valid for two consecutive intakes. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please contact our Admissions Team.
How can I pay the application fee?
Once you have completed at least 25% of your application, you can pay the app fee directly from the online application. The app fee to apply to IE Masters is 150€. You can only apply for up to two programs. You can access the online application here.
Do you offer a waiver of the application fees (150 Euros)?
Your application fees will only be waived if you are an IE Alumni or you have completed one of our Summer School programs, otherwise they are mandatory and non-refundable.
Is there special pricing for EU Citizens?
The tuition fees are the same for all our applicants. If you are interested in any of our scholarships, you can find more information here.
Do I need to take the admissions test?
Please note that not all programs require an admissions test. If you are not sure about your particular master program, please contact your Admissions Team or choose your program from the following list MASTER’S PROGRAMS.
Many of our programs require an entrance exam. You can choose to take one of the following:
- GMAT (Minimum 600)
- GRE (Equivalent to 600 from the GMAT)
- IE Global Admissions Test (also known as the ieGAT, use this link to contact your local office to find out when and where the next exam will take place).
All tests mentioned are equally considered by the Admissions Committee.
*Part-Time programs from the School of Human Science and Technology are not required to present an entrance exam, except for the Global Master in Business Analytics and Big Data. For more information please visit the following site: MASTER’S PROGRAMS
What is the ieGAT and how can I prepare for it?
The ieGAT is a test that measures different skills relevant for our programs. No preparation is required for the ieGAT. The test presents real world situations found in everyday professional life that help determine a test taker’s ability to process information and think logically. All the information you need to solve the questions are within the exam itself. For more information, please click here. You can also use this link to register for the test.
Is it possible to retake the entrance exam (GMAT, GRE or ieGAT)?
It is not possible to retake the ieGAT, however the GMAT and GRE do allow candidates to retake their exams.
Do I need any English certificate in order to apply?
If you are a non-native English speaker, have not studied your full undergraduate degree in English, and do not have at least 2 years of professional experience in an English-speaking country, you will be required to take an English Exam. We accept the following exams:
- TOEFL—minimum 100 points
- IELTS— minimum 7.0 points
- Cambridge Advanced (C1) or Proficiency
If you don’t reach the minimum required scores, the Admissions team will guide you on the next steps. You may submit a second English exam. This can be the portion of the Admissions process that might take the longest, so we encourage you to schedule a date to take the exam as soon as possible. Once you have scheduled a date, please communicate this to the Admissions Team. We only accept scores that are less than two years old. For more information please follow the following link: Welcome to IE University Admissions.
Part-Time programs from the School of Human Science and Technology are not required to present an English exam. English level will be measured throughout the interview. However, if candidate´s English level is not good enough, you will be asked to take an English exam.
FAQ - Part II
LANGUAGE OF THE MASTER
Do I need to know Spanish to apply?
All of our programs are offered in English. As a non-Spanish speaking student, you will have the opportunity to take Spanish language classes where we will teach you vocabulary and grammar.
What additional languages can I study?
French, German, Portuguese, Mandarin, Chinese and Arabic are offered as additional courses to the degree, depending on the number of students interested. Please find more information on the Language Center Website.
What is the minimum professional experience requirement for Master´s Programs?
The minimum professional experience will depend on your program of interest. For more information please visit the following site: MASTER’S PROGRAMS
Do I need working experience to apply to any of IE´s masters programs?
Depending on the program, you will be required to have some professional experience. For more information please visit the following site: MASTER’S PROGRAMS
*For the full-time programs of the School no prior professional experience is required.
How should I prepare for the interview?
After submitting your application and completing the online assessment, you will be invited to an interview with our Admissions team. The interview can be through Skype (Make sure you have access to a good computer with a clear webcam and fast internet connection, set up somewhere tidy, quiet, and well-lit) or face-to-face at the IE facilities. Preparing for a postgraduate interview doesn’t necessarily need to be difficult, or time consuming. For more information please follow the following link: Welcome to IE University Admissions.
The following are some tips to take into account:
- Read up on your program of interest
- Read current research in your area of interest
- Look into your past professional experience (if applicable)
- What to wear (When it comes to clothing, you should treat a Master’s degree interview like a job interview)
- Prepare some questions in advance for the interviewer
What are dual degrees?
Dual Degrees are unique combinations of two programs. Either a Master in Management or an International MBA can be combined with a number of our specialized programs. You can find out more details about the structure of the Dual Degrees here.
CAREERS AND STUDENT SERVICES
What career services do you offer to students and alumni?
IE Talent & Careers provide advice, learning resources and development tools to students and alumni throughout all stages of their professional careers. You can find more information here.
Is it possible to work during my studies?
It depends on the format of the program you choose. Full-time programs require a full-time commitment to the program, whereas our Part-time programs are compatible with maintaining a job. You can find more information here.
Where can I get more information regarding visa processes, housing, cost of living, etc.?
Our Student Services Department will help you with your arrival to Madrid and you can find more information through the following link.
Do I need to apply for a Visa to study in Spain?
For the full-time programs, if you do not have an EU passport, you will need to apply for a student visa. For the part time programs, you might need to get a tourist/Schengen visa. Please contact the Student Services Department for assistance.
IE International Offices and Admissions contact
Our Admissions team is here to guide you throughout your application process and to provide information about your specific program of interest. Nevertheless, we recommend that you stay in touch with your nearest IE International Office for additional support with matters such as documentation, exams, and other questions that may come up. You can find the contact information for your nearest office here.
Do you have any programs that offer internships or exchange opportunities?
For more information if your master offers internship possibilities, contact directly your international office or the career department for further information. On the other hand, after completion of any master program at IE, with the student visa you are allowed to work for 6 months as an intern.
Where can I learn more about IE´s faculty?
IE’s faculty is made up of experienced professionals with extensive knowledge of their respective fields. Meet our professors here.
DIPLOMAS & CERTIFICATIONS
Is there a difference between the public and private diploma?
IE is a globally prestigious institution committed to excellence in research and academics. It offers academic programs in various fields of knowledge, grouped into five schools: IE Business School, IE Law School, IE School of Human Sciences and Technology, IE School of Architecture and Design and IE School of Global & Public Affairs. These schools form part of IE University, an official and international university that is authorized by Spanish authorities to grant official and private degrees.
For further information please access to the following link
When can I apply for Financial Aid?
IE offers different Financial Aid options to help our students cover the tuition fee: internal scholarships, external scholarships and loans. IE has more than 20 different types of internal scholarships, and you can apply for up to three. To apply for an IE scholarship, you must first submit your Online Admissions Application.
You will be able to send your application for financial aid 24 hours after submitting your online application.
What are we looking for in the perfect candidate?
At IE we seek motivated, creative, high-potential candidates who stand out for their academic or professional achievements as well as interpersonal skills. We have a rigorous selection process and take a holistic approach when evaluating each candidate in order to bring the most talented people into our international classrooms. For more information please follow the following link: Welcome to IE University Admissions.
START YOUR APPLICATION AND TAKE A STEP FORWARD IN YOUR CAREERApply now
We offer customized, merit-based aid and loan programs to make sure financial issues don't impede the success of outstanding students.