20 JUN 2018
Legaltech Venture Day Mexico City
1 Río Hondo Ciudad de México, CDMX
Mexico City, Mexico
Legaltech Venture Day Mexico
The Law Schools Global League and Ontier, in collaboration with IE and ITAM, are pleased to launch the first Global Legaltech Venture Day in Mexico City taking place on June 20th at the ITAM Campus. Mark your calendars!
This cutting-edge, highly competitive program is designed to identify and support start-ups that have the ability to have a positive impact on major challenges faced by legal operators—whether private or public—as well as legal systems, so as to improve their operations thereby furthering the cause of justice.
In the event, a group of selected Legaltech startups will pitch short presentations before a panel of judges, innovators, legaltech experts and leading law firm partners who will analyze the viability of the projects and select a winner. At the conclusion of the event, a networking cocktail will take place where participants will have the opportunity of meeting relevant players in the industry and discuss legaltech trends.
If you are a startup working on developing solutions, improving substantially the normal operation of legal systems and actors—whether public or private—with a focus on the common good, take part in this Legaltech Venture Day!
Don't miss out on this unique opportunity! The call is open until May 31.
Criteria to Apply
Who can pitch?
nclusive innovators and start-ups that are using technology to solve important legal challenges faced by governments, public institutions and civil society in a wide range of areas.
We are particularly interested in projects that innovatively tackle issues in the following operations of legal practice:
- Legislative processes
- Enforcement of and compliance
- Operations and processes of legal system stakeholders (judiciary, administration, law societies, etc)
- Specific industries (environment, energy, healthcare, etc)
- Innovation: product/service, business model, and/or route to market
- Scalability: international commercial potential & scalable business model
- Team: relevant skills & experience mix
- Market: clear & large market opportunity
- Status: must have full time dedicated team and product/service in the market with early traction (customers and/or users)
What's the prize?
You will get plugged into real networking and investment opportunities that can push your projects to the next level, benefiting from the global network of the LSGL; Ontier, IE and South Summit.
The winner of the Mexico Legaltech Venture Day will be invited to participate at the final Global Legaltech Venture Day taking place in Madrid in July, where the three winning startups will present their projects to a mix of investors, government officials, business pioneers, and representatives of key industries.
The prize for the final winner consists of a number of unparalleled opportunities, including:
- A residency program with IE and ONTIER tailored to the winning start-up’s specific needs.
- Access to all events hosted by Area 31 and to investors, leading professionals and potential partners and customers.
- Global exposure through LSGL Community, Area 31’s and ONTIER’s external communications.
- Pitch on IE´s stage at the South Summit 2018 and a full pass to the event, which gives access to the investor Den, conferences in all stages, 1:1 one meetings and matchmaking service with investors and big corporations among others. This event will take place the first week of October 2018. Every year, more than 650 investors, 3000 startups and 12.500 attendees participate in the South Summit.
Don’t miss out the opportunity to attend or to pitch at the Startup Competition!!Attend the event
Gema Molero / Nacho Mateo
If you have any questions, please contact us!Contact us