Paris de l’Etraz
Professor of entrepreneurship IE Business School, 2009-present; Associate Dean, Blended Programs IE Business School, 2010-present; Managing Director of IE Venture Lab, 2011-present
IE Business School, Amazing Lab AG, IE Venture Lab
He believes in the spirit of enterprise, and is in touch with what an aspiring entrepreneur needs to succeed.
Paris mainly works in venture capital, digital marketing, sports management, renewable energy and new technology industries.
He has also developed and registered two patents during his career; one in networking solutions in 1999, and another in online client management communication platforms in 2009.
His research focuses on the role of emotional intelligence in today’s organizations, looking at particular challenges faced by individuals with a highly qualitative background. Paris has also dedicated almost 20 years of his professional career to helping businesses raise funds and get started at his boutique investment group, Amazing Lab.
- Vice President, Venture Capital, MAG Group, New York (1986-1992)
- Vice President, M&A, UBS New York and Zürich (1992-2002)
- Managing Director, M&A, ABN AMRO Bank, London (2002-2004)
- CEO, MCMS CRM Software Inc. London (2005-present)
- President, Amazing Lab AG, Madrid, Zurich (present)
- Doctorate in Management Sciences, Esade Business School
- Master’s in Computer Science, courses completed, Boston University, 1984
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Boston University, 1982
- Recipient of the Kodak Award in Computer Science, 1982
- Adjunct Professor, Esade Business School, 2004-2009
- Adjunct Professor, IE Business School, 2008-2009
- Professor of Entrepreneurship IE Business School, 2009-present
- Associate Dean, Blended Programs IE Business School, 2010-present
- Managing Director of IE Venture Lab, 2011-present