Fernando began his professional career working in the Legal Advice Department of the Deposit Guarantee Fund for Bank Establishments (Fondo de Garantía de Depósitos en Establecimientos Bancarios), in Corporación Bancaria and Iberleasing. Subsequently, he managed his own law firm for more than 15 years. He joined Mochales & Palacios as a partner in 2002 and he became a partner in Simmons & Simmons in March 2007 as a result of the merger with Mochales & Palacios.
Throughout his professional life, his activity has been focused on advising on mercantile matters to national and international companies and, above all, he has practiced law in Courts and Tribunals of all orders and all instances (including the Supreme Court and the Constitutional Court) in civil, mercantile and criminal judicial proceedings (in particular economic crimes) as well as in arbitrations.
Fernando is a recognized leading practitioner in the law market by the most prestigious law guides, such as Chambers & Partners and Legal 500, peers and clients, that define him as “an outstanding lawyer who fights until the very end” and praised for “maintaining a first class reputation in litigation generally, as well as for corporate crime work”. “He knows how to defend his clients in front of the courts and is an excellent speaker”.
- Master of Law (LLM), IE Law School.
- Graduate in Law, University of Navarra.
- Member of the Bar Association of Madrid.
- Member of the Bar Association of Pamplona.
- Responsible for the Spanish Crime, Fraud and Investigations Group, Simmons & Simmons LLP.
- Legal Advisor of a number of Spanish companies, international banks and financial institutions, defending them in cases before the Courts.
- Official Arbitrator before the Court of Arbitration of Madrid Bar Association, the Court of Arbitration of the Chambers of Commerce of Madrid and the ICC Court of Arbitration.
- Teacher in the IE Law School.