Alberto Frasquet García
Alberto has broad experience working with clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions, LBOs for private equity players, corporate restructuring, equity capital markets transactions and private commercial transactions. He is a partner of Herbert Smith Freehills, where he advises investment banks, private equity houses and other financial buyers and multinational corporates.
Alberto helps investment bankers, corporates and financial buyers on local and multi-jurisdictional deals and leads multidisciplinary cross-border teams to ensure the best outcomes in complex transactions.
Alberto’s experience includes advising:
- Torreal/Mutua Madrileña on the acquisition of a majority stake in Ingesport, parent company of the group managing and developing the chain of sport/fitness centres “”GoFit””.
- H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of Tres60 Servicios Audiovisuales, and on the acquisition of Impursa and Sistemas.
- Portobello Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Eysa.
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) on the acquisition of a one-third stake in Acciona Energía International.
- A Spanish consortium, including Abengoa, ACS Cobra, Indra Sistemas, OHL, Adif, Renfe and Patentes Talgo, among others, on the legal aspects of the joint venture for the construction and operation of the Haramain High-speed Railway project (HHR) linking Meca and Medina, the two holy cities in Saudi Arabia.
- Master of Laws (LLM), IE Law School
- Graduate in Law, University of Granada
He contributes articles to specialist publications and authored a chapter of the collective work “”Operaciones Mercantiles y Productos de Inversión en los Mercados Financieros””, Editorial Bosch, Ed. 2011.