Francisco de Elizalde
Francisco de Elizalde
Associate Professor and Chair of Legal Studies at IE Law School
Global, Comparative and European Law
Francisco de Elizalde focuses on Comparative Private Law, especially Contracts and the Law of Property. He is a Visiting Professor at Koç University (Turkey) and has held Visiting Professorship positions at FGV Sao Paulo (Brazil) and the Law Schools Global League. Prof. de Elizalde was a Visiting Scholar to the University of Cambridge and has conducted research at Harvard Law School and the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law (Germany). Francisco takes part of Spanish and European research projects. He practiced law at Garrigues’ Litigation and Arbitration Department during several years. He is a member of the Madrid Bar Association and of the European Law Institute.
- PhD, Universidad de Navarra. International Doctorate, summa cum laude
- LLM, IE Law School. Scholarship granted by Fundación Carolina
- LLB, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (re-qualification)
- LLB, Universidad Católica Argentina, with honours
- Associate Professor, IE University
- Founder and Director, Legal Clinic, IE University
- Visiting Professor, Koç University, Turquía (2014- to date)
- Visiting Professor, FGV Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Visiting Scholar, Universidad de Cambridge
- Visiting Scholar, Harvard Law School
- Of counsel, Elizalde & Barrie
- Senior Associate, Garrigues
- F. de Elizalde (Ed.), Uniform rules for European Contract Law? A critical assessment, Hart Publishing, 2017, forthcoming.
- F. de Elizalde, “Sources and effects of contractual terms”, en ibid., Uniform rules for European Contract Law? A critical assessment, Hart Publishing, 2017, forthcoming.
- M. T. Alonso Pérez, F. de Elizalde & R. Garcimartín, “An interdisciplinary view of enforcement and effectiveness of Spanish Consumer Law”, en H. Micklitz & G. Saumier, International Enforcement of Consumer Law, Springer, 2017, forthcoming.
- F. de Elizalde, “Una aproximación española y europea al contenido del contrato. Reflexiones a la luz de los Principios Latinoamericanos de Derecho de los Contratos”, Anuario de Derecho Civil, 2017.
- F. de Elizalde, “Advertising as a source of terms. At the crossroads between Contract and Consumer Law”, 6 Journal of European Consumer and Market Law (2017), issue 2, pp. 80-84.
- F. de Elizalde, “Should the implied term concerning quality be generalized? Present and future of the principle of conformity in Europe”, 25 European Review of Private Law (2017), issue 1, pp. 71-108
- F de Elizalde, F., The Rain in Spain Does Not Stay in the Plain – Supreme Court Ruling of 25 March 2015 on Minimum Interest Rate Clauses, 4 Journal of European Consumer and Market Law (2015), issue 5, pp. 184-188
- F. de Elizalde, El contenido del contrato, Thomson Reuters Aranzadi, 2015.