Javier’s experience includes general corporate/commercial law and corporate finance law practices. Javier specializes in domestic and international M&A and private equity practice with particular dedication to management, leveraged buy-outs and venture capital transactions.
He advised Actis on the establishment of Zuma Energy and on its first acquisition in Latin America 22 October 2014, and advised KKR and a co-investor on a strategic alliance with T-Solar in order to lead the renewable sector in Spain and Italy 26 July 2011.
From 2011 to 2016 he worked at the Department of Public and Urban Planning Law at ONTIER, specializing in Public and Regulated Sectors Law.
He is a Professor of Institutional Organization of the Legal Profession at IE Law School, and other subjects such as Administrative Law and Professional Ethics at the same institution.
He is also a member of the Forum of the regulation whose aims are the promotion of specialized legal knowledge about public regulation, study and publication of best practices in this field and the exchange of professional experiences.
- Masters of Law (LLM), IE Law School.
- Graduate in Law, University of Salamanca.
- “Reform of the Spanish Companies Act and new legal framework for corporate governance”, March 31st, 2015, Client Briefing.
- “Implementation of the AIFMD Directive in Spain”, March 23rd, 2015, Client Briefing.
- “The A – Z of Fundraising”, March 9th, 2015, Client Briefing.
- “La reforma de la Ley de Sociedades de Capital y el nuevo marco legal del gobierno corporativo” (The reform of the Spanish Capital Companies Act and the new legal framework for corporate governance), December 23rd, 2014, Client Briefing.
- “New regulatory framework for private equity in Spain”, July 24th, 2014, Client Briefing.
- “Private Equity: leveraged buy-outs. Significant new changes deriving from the recent Draft Bill on the tax reform”, June 26th, 2014, Client Briefing.
- “European M&A: On the road to recovery?”, June 5th, 2013, Client Briefing.
- “Operaciones corporativas transfronterizas: un nuevo entorno global” (Cross-border corporate transactions: a new global environment), June 13rd, 2012, Newsletter.
- “Shareholders´ right of separation due to a failure to distribute dividends”, May 11th, 2012, Client Briefing.