Jose Maria Fernandez-Daza
Jose Maria Fernandez-Daza
Professor IE Law School
Business and Corporate Law
Financial and Tax Law
José María is an Of Counsel of Clifford Chance, where he works since 2000. He has been a State Lawyer for Madrid Regional Tax Authorities, State Lawyer and Secretary to the Administrative and Economic Tribunal of the Madrid Region, State Lawyer and Head of the Government Delegation of the Autonomous Community of Madrid, State Lawyer and Head of the Legal Services of the Courts and Tribunals of Madrid.
Prior to joining Clifford Chance, he was a partner at Asecor and Fernández-Daza Abogados.José María specialises in joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, corporate law, sale and acquisitions of Companies, both in general and in regulated sectors, with Administrative Law involvement such as energy, infrastructure or insurance, listed Companies and Corporate Governance.
José María also engages in cross-border transactions and corporate restructuring, as well as commercial contracts, concession schemes – specifically toll roads – and infrastructure funds.
His relevant experience includes:
- Advising to Sociedad Concesionaria Aeropuerto de Murcia on its concessional relationship with the Administration conceding the concession and the financing entities
- Advising to Sociedad Concesionaria Autopista del Henares .S.A.C.E (Radial 2) on its concessional relationship with the Administration conceding the concession and the financing entities
- Advising the sellers in the disposal 4.34% of the company behind UK utility group Thames Water to China Investment Corporation, China’s sovereign wealth fund
- Advising Iberia on its acquisition of a 10% stake in British Airways
- Advising on Pan-European outlet sales for EUR 1.2 billion
- Advising Shell on US$4.4 billion acquisition of part of Repsol´s LNG portfolio
- Graduate in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (1978).
- Graduate in Economics Sciences, Universidad Complutense de Madrid (1978).
- State Lawyer for Madrid Regional Tax Authorities (1982).
- “”La reforma de la Ley de Sociedades de Capital y el nuevo marco legal del gobierno corporativo”” (The reform of the Spanish Capital Companies Act and the new legal framework for corporate governance), Client briefing, December 23rd, 2014.
- “”Spanish Toll roads benefit from Insolvency Law reform “”, Client briefing, November 7th, 2014.
- “”Concesiones de autopistas: reforma de la Ley Concursal por Decreto Ley 11/2014” (Motorway concessions: Insolvency Law reform by Law Decree 11/2014), Client briefing, September 9th, 2014.