María del Pilar Galeote
Expert in Strategic Alliances and Legal Negotiation, Pilar Galeote combines a broad business and teaching experience. She was member of the Legal Counsel Department of Telefónica Intercontinental where she worked in UMTS contracts. Prior to that, Pilar worked at Clifford Chance in the Corporate Law department; she specialized in aspects related to the negotiation of the mergers and acquisitions process. She wrote her doctoral thesis on voting agreements as control instruments in corporations. Since 1999, she teaches Negotiation in different Master Programs at IE Law School, where she is the Associate Director of the of the Negotiation and Mediation Center and Professor of Negotiation and Corporate Law and the Director of the Cervelló Chair. Finally, Prof. Galeote received “The best Professor Award” of IE Law School some years.
- Negotiation & Persuasión, PON Harvard Law School, Mayo 2018.
- PhD in Corporate Law, Universidad CEU San Pablo
- LLM, IE Law School
- BA in Law, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Certificate in Business Administration, Universidad CEU San Pablo
- Director of the Cervelló Chair, IE Law School (2011-today)
- Associate Director of the Negotiation and Mediation Center, IE Business School (2003–today)
- Lawyer at Clifford Chance, Spain (2000–2003)
- Lawyer at Telefónica Intercontinental (1999-2000)
- Professor of Negotiation, M&A and different programs of Corporate Law at IE Law School (1999-today)
Author of books
- “China: negociación e inversión extranjera. Joint Ventures e implicaciones jurídicas”, Tirant lo Blanch, marzo 2012.
- “Sindicatos de voto. El control en una sociedad conjunta”, Tirant lo Blanch, Mayo 2008.
- Co author – “Negociar para CON-Vencer”, McGraw Hill, 2004.
Author of chapters and articles (among others)
- “Complex Negotiations among share companies: OCI Model”, RDB 84, 2019.
- “The context in share companies negotiations”, RDB 84, 2019.
- “BATNA in share companies Negotiations”, RDB 86, 2019.
- “Aplication of the negotiation methodology for a voting agreement in a share company”, RDB 80, 2018
- “Non Disclosure Agreements among share capital companies: how to negotiate them”, RDB 81, 2018
- “Colaboración Público Privada Eficiente”, Harvard Business Review, 2016.
- “Mediación concursal. El acuerdo extrajudicial de pagos y el mediador concursal”, working paper IE, 2016
- “ Los Sindicatos de voto”, Estudios Jurídicos en memoria del Profesor Emilio Beltrán, Liber Amicorum, Tirant lo Blanch, Valencia 2015, pp. 315-332.
- “Los seguros de personas”, Los mercados financieros, Tirant lo Blanch, 2013, pp.963-980
- “Protocolos familiares”, Sociedades de Responsabilidad Limitada, Tirant lo Blanch, 2009, pp. 918-1016.
- “Sociedades de Responsabilidad Limitada”, Tipos Societários, Serie GVlaw, Sao Paulo, Febrero 2009.
- “Sindicatos de Voto”, Gestao e Controle, Serie GVlaw, Saraiva, Sao Paulo, Mayo 2008.
- “La mediación”, Sistemas de solución extra jurisdiccional de conflictos, CERASA, Madrid, septiembre 2006.