California Bar Examination and QLTS study now possible through IE Law School partnership with BARBRI
With this new agreement, IE Law School becomes the first European Law School to offer LL.M. in International Business Law, Master in Global Corporate Compliance (Full-Time) and Doble Máster en Abogacía students the opportunity to study American, English and Welsh law and acquire the necessary credentials to make global practice a reality.
As we live in an increasingly globalized, interdependent world and the demand for legal professionals who understand the workings and complexities of more than one legal system continues to grow, we need to train lawyers with a global mindset.
At IE Law School, we are committed to fostering global legal education so that lawyers can pursue careers internationally, across different legal systems, and manage trans-border transactions and multijurisdictional issues.
To bridge the gap, we have partnered with BARBRI, the number one bar examination review course in the United States, to give our LL.M. in International Business Law, Master in Global Corporate Compliance (Full-Time) and Doble Máster en Abogacía students the chance to take the California Bar Examination and become qualified to practice law in the US. BARBRI has been ranked the number one bar review course thanks to its innovative and flexible study tools. More law students have passed the bar exam using BARBRI than all other courses combined.
“We’re excited to partner with one of Europe’s most distinguished law school’s to offer IE students the opportunity to take advantage of BARBRI‘s expertise and best practices in U.S. bar preparation. BARBRI uses the highest quality and most innovative education technology to achieve high pass rates for those studying with us,” said Robert Dudley, Regional Director of BARBRI.
Our exclusive partnership with BARBRI allows us to offer our students the opportunity to expand their career options worldwide.
BARBRI’s Extended U.S. Bar Exam Prep. program is designed with adaptability in mind; more specifically, it’s designed to help non-U.S. and qualified lawyers pass the California Bar Exam. This 10-month, online program’s aim is to open doors to practicing in the US for lawyers who aren’t educated there. The program will begin with a 90-hour overview of US law.
Its Law Master Study Keys break main subjects into 30 key rules each, making revision easier. Throughout the program, qualified mentors will be on hand to provide support. And BARBRI’s methods are proven—76% of BARBRI international students who completed 80% or more of the Personal Study Plan passed the bar exam. These numbers are unmatched by any other course.
And now, it’s not just the doors to the United States that can be opened at IE Law School. The partnership with BARBRI has now been broadened to include the QLTS. A new six-month, flexible part-time course will ready students for the two-stage qualification process for practice in England and Wales. Its key points are:
- Provided your home jurisdiction is one of the 185 recognized, there are no admission restrictions due to nationality or residence.
- The first stage in the two-part process is the Multiple Choice Test (MCT), covering 11 subjects in total. This tests participants on their understanding of the legal institutions and procedures in England, Wales, and the EU, as well as their understanding of the laws in those jurisdictions.
- Before the participants can take the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) the MCT must be completed. Then they can move on to subjects such as client interviewing, advocacy and legal research and writing.
The programs that can benefit from this agreement are:
- LL.M. in International Business Law
- Master in Global Corporate Compliance (Full-Time)
- Dobles Masters de Acceso a la Abogacía