Master of Laws (LL.M.) - Tuition and AdmissionAbove and beyond borders of a single legal system
Learn about our Law School Admission Process
The main objective of the Admissions process is to select students with the greatest potential who can make a significant contribution to the learning experience.
We seek candidates who are dynamic, motivated, creative, and who not only present excellent academic and professional credentials, but also possess the kind of interpersonal skills that will allow them to obtain maximum benefit from the program.
Admission is granted on a rolling basis, which means there is no deadline for applications. The admissions process will be closed a few weeks before the start of each intake. Nonetheless, early application is recommended given that admission is competitive and there is a limited number of students per class.
Liquid Learning at IE University
In this new reality, we understand it’s not always possible to attend class in person. That’s why we developed our Liquid Learning approach, which seamlessly adapts to individual needs and provides equal access to world-class education—whether on campus in Madrid or online wherever you are.Discover more
RELEVANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
COMPLETE YOUR ENTIRE APPLICATION PROCESS ONLINE
Keeping everyone safe and healthy is our number one priority, but we understand that planning for your future must continue. With this in mind, we have implemented an application process that is 100% online.
COVID-19 APPLICANTS’ FAQS
Due to the current worldwide circumstances with Covid-19, please have a look at the most frequently asked questions we have prepared and collected for our students and candidates.
APPLY FOR IE RESILIENCE SCHOLARSHIP FUND
We have created a fund to help our students and highly qualified candidates who, due to the pandemic, find themselves facing an exceptionally uncertain economic environment.
Master of Laws (LL.M.) Admission Steps
Online Application Form
Candidates should complete the sections that appear in the online application form and must also upload the following documents:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited university (*)
- Official university transcripts (certified translation into English or Spanish)
- 1 page CV/Resume
- 2 letters of recommendation
- English language certificate – for non-Native English speakers: we accept the TOEFL (minimum score of 100), the IELTS (minimum score of 7), Duolingo English Test (minimum score 120) or a Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency level. A certificate is not required if you completed an undergraduate degree in English. If you take the TOEFL or the IELTS, your English exam is valid for two years, from the date you took the exam
- Photocopy of current passport
- Passport size picture
- Application fee: 150€ (fee is not refundable)
*Possible additional legalization and/or translation requirements might be applicable. Please click here for more info.
Once you have submitted your online application and paid the application fee, you will receive a link to answer three live questions, two in video format and one in written format. This way, our admissions team will be able to meet you virtually and evaluate your capacity to respond in real time and under pressure.
You will have a personal interview (face-to-face or via Skype) with an Associate Director of the Admissions Team.
Admissions Committee Final Decision
The Admissions Department will contact you with the final resolution of your Admissions process. Should it be positive, you will be guided through next steps for your enrolment.
Start the Admissions ProcessApply for Admission
Master of Laws (LL.M.) Fees
Ready to give the next step?
If you are prepared to lead the change in the legal sector and obtain a training without barriers, with an innovative and practical approach, do not hesitate to give it.
Tuition fees: 31.700€*
The tuition fee includes:
- All expenses related to academic learning, including: access to relevant technology, multimedia learning tools, conferences, access to physical and digital library resources and access to the various IE Centers of Excellence.
- A contribution to IE Foundation, a non-for-profit organization, which supports students during and after the program.
The tuition fee does not include the admissions fee that amounts to 150€. This amount is non refundable and cannot be deducted from the cost of the program.
Admission to the program is valid for two consecutive intakes.
*The online BARBRI program costs an additional $4,500 to the total LL.M. tuition.
*Please bear in mind that prices are reviewed annually and are subject to change. The tuition fee is determined by the date a candidate begins the program, not the date of the application, admission or place reservation.
We understand that you’re making a significant investment and we believe that maximizing the availability of payment plan options is important in making your Master of Laws (LL.M.) affordable. Our payment plans offer the following benefits:
- The ability to pay your tuition fees in up to 5 consecutive installments.
- They can be used in conjunction with your financial aid award shall you receive a scholarship.
- Our payment plans are interest-free and there are no pre-approval requirements or credit checks.
Kindly note that plans with more than 3 consecutive installments will be charged 400€ for the administrative service it involves.
For further information, please contact the Admissions Department.
Senior Manager of Admissions
Get in contact with the Senior Manager of Admissions
We help you open the door to your future
The purpose of student financial aid is to assist students who would otherwise be unable to pursue a legal education at IE Law School.