Helena Beunza is an expert in urban planning, housing, and public administrations. The former Housing General Secretary of the Government of Spain is now the founder of Beunza Legal a legal firm specialized in housing, environment, and planning whilst she continues serving as General Secretary at different Spanish local councils.
Her career started as a Public Servant at the local level where she served as General Secretary at different councils. She was also a member of the Urban Planning Territorial Committee where she was in charge of licenses and permits in brownfield land in Valencia. She then moved to a legal private practice where she was Senior Associate in Planning, Environment and Public Law Departments of different law firms.
Beunza was also appointed as General Director of EVHA, a public agency where she was in charge of the management of 24.000 assets mainly social housing and tertiary logistics land. From that position, the Council of Ministers of the Government of Spain appointed her in 2018 as Housing General Secretary. Helena has been responsible for the housing and planning national regulations and policies, and for Spain’s Urban Agenda
She holds an MSc in Urban and Regional Planning Studies from the London School of Economics and Political Science. She also holds an MSc in public law and organization from the Universidad Pompeu Fabra and a degree in Law.
Helena Beunza currently teaches Affordable Real Estate in the Global Master in Real Estate Development program at IE School of Architecture and Design.
• Founder of Beunza Legal, Present
• General Secretary. Different Spanish local councils, Present
• Housing General Secretary. Gobierno de España
• Previous experience: Housing General Secretary. Gobierno de España
• General Director, EVHA
• Senior Associate in Planning, Environment, and Public Law Department. Different law firms in Spain
• Member of Urban Planning Territorial Committee, Valencia
• Adjunct Professor. IE University, Global Master in Real Estate Development, Affordable Real Estate, 2021
• Bachelor Degree in Law
• MSc in Public Law and Organization, Universidad Pompeu Fabra
• MSc in Urban and Regional Planning Studies, London School of Economics (LSE)