Iker Beraza is currently Chief Commercial Officer at Sareb, Spanish Asset Management Company, created to deal with real estate distressed assets that have occurred during the last financial crisis. Before becoming CCO, he has taken many different roles in the company including being head of the strategy department, CFO, and deputy general director.
He has been also active in the public sector, having been a Senior Advisor for Financial Policy at the Spanish Ministry of Economy for five years. Prior to that, he was Chief Economic and Commercial Counsellor at the Spanish Embassy in Poland.
Iker is a member of the State Economists Corps of the Spanish Civil Service. He is passionate about effecting change in the financial system and its relation to the real estate market. He was deeply involved in the design and implementation of the Financial Assistance Program to Spain coordinated with international authorities in 2012, which included the creation of a Spanish AMC to deal with Real Estate Distressed Assets.
He has a degree in Economics from Universidad Autónoma de Madrid and a postgraduate degree in International Economics and Law from Freie Universität Berlin. Iker has also earned another MBA business degree from the IESE Business School and taught postgraduate courses in the fields of financial regulation and international trade to economists, journalists, and bank employees.
Iker Beraza currently teaches Management of Distressed Assets in the Global Master in Real Estate Development program at IE School of Architecture and Design.
• Chief Commercial Officer, Sareb, Present
• Member of State Economists Corps of the Spanish Civil Service, Present
• Previous experience: Senior Advisor for Financial Policy. Spanish Ministry of Economy
• Chief Economic and Commercial Counsellor. Spanish Embassy in Poland
• Adjunct Professor. IE University. Global Master in Real Estate Development. Management of Distressed Assets, 2021
• Bachelor Degree in Economics. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
• Master Degree in International Economics and Law. Freie Universität. Berlin
• MBA Business Degree from IESE Business School. Barcelona