As Urbanism & Sustainability Lead in Spain for Jones Lang Lasalle, Juan is successfully incubating, launching and directing projects of different scales and types. Over the last decade, he has had the privilege to lead highly talented cross-disciplinary teams across the globe delivering city strategies, feasibility studies, Master Plans, and public realm design. A multilingual architect, Juan is passionate about diversity and intercultural environments after living and working in Eurasia, Middle East, North Africa, China, and USA.
He collaborates frequently with several national and international academic institutions, presenting his work in congresses and lecturing on sustainability and urban planning. Recently, he was appointed as Senior Industry Fellow in the School of Global, Urban and Social Studies at RMIT University, Melbourne. Juan is also PhD candidate and part of the Complutense University of Madrid’s “Territory and Environmental Management” group.
He currently teaches in the Capstone Project of the Master in Real Estate Development at IE School of Architecture and Design (IE University).
• Head of Urbanism & Sustainability, Jones Lang Lasalle, Spain, 2021 – Present
• Head of Urban Planning & Landscape, AECOM, Spain, 2014 – 2021
• Co-founder + Design Director, Planlab, Spain, 2009 – 2014
• Freelance Landscape Designer, Spacecoop, Spain, 2009 – 2012
• Urban Designer, MESA Design Group, Spain, 2007 – 2009
• Architect, Rubio y Álvarez-Sala, Spain, 2004 – 2007
• Adjunct Professor, IE University, Spain, 2021 – Present
• Senior Industry Fellow, RMIT University, Australia, 2020 – Present
• Visiting Lecturer, Istituto Europeo di Design, Spain, 2017 – Present
• Visiting Lecturer, Universidad Camilo José Cela, Spain, 2017 – Present
• Ph.D. candidate in Geography, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 2020 – Present
• MSc in Environmental Studies, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain, 2013
• Masters in Architecture, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain, 2004