Cities Business Leader at Arup
Urban Development and Land Regeneration
Master in Real Estate Development
- View profile
Marta leads the Spanish Cities Business for Arup Spain.
She presents an experience of more than fifteen years on City planning. She has specialized in strategic development consulting for urban infrastructure-city integration and coordination of multidisciplinary teams.
She plays a key role on achieving consensus between different stakeholders such investors, developers, public administrations and communities.
She has gained a global experience working in a whole wide range of projects and cultures in several parts of the world; including Europe, Middle East, LATAM and mostly in Asia where she lived for almost a decade.
The perfect mix between a vast technical background, global vision and an accurate analysis capacity, allows Marta to bring together the work of various specialties and fields. Creating a safe environment where everyone brings their best to achieve what’s best.
Marta is an active member of a variety of institutions watching over the future of our cities and citizens.
Marta is a certified architect, having earned a degree in Architecture at the Superior Technical School of Architecture of Catalonia Polytechnic in 2008, and a building engineer also from. She gained additional training at Boston University with the master’s module “Navigating Urban Power and Influence”, and she also completed a course in Real Estate investments feasibility studies at COAM.
Marta firmly believes in the impact of good urban planning in people’s lives, the economy and the environment.
- Cities Business Leader, ARUP, Spain, 2019 – 2020.
- Senior consultant, ARUP, Spain 2016 – 2019.
- Urban Designer, ARUP, Shanghai, 2011 – 20016.
- Planner, CPG Corporation, Shanghai 2009 – 2011.
- Architect, WWCOT, Shanghai 2008 – 2009.
- Structures Consultant, ANTA Architects, 2007 – 2008.
- Structures Consultant, Bernúz-Fernández Architects, 2003 – 2006.
- Adjunct Professor of MRED, IE University, Spain, 2020 – Present.
- MSc Architecture, ETSAV Catalonia Polytechnic School, 2008.
- B.Eng. Building engineering, EPSEB Catalonia Polytechnic, 2005.
- MBA Business Economics Modules, London Imperial College Business School, 2017.
- Masters Module, Navigating urban power and influence, Boston University, 2018 – 2019.
- Real Estate investments feasibility analysis, COAM, 2019.