Managing partner at ECIJA Madrid office, and Head of Information Technology.
Alejandro is also panelist for the World Intellectual Property Organization to resolve disputes concerning domain names and trademarks. He has extensive experience, both nationally and internationally, on issues related to intellectual property, new technologies and entrepreneurship law.
Lecturer and professor and Director of the Program “Startup lawyers” in the IE Law School, where he has directed other programs and has been recognized as an outstanding lecturer.
Awarded with “Top 40 under forty” Iberian Lawyer awards, recognized as an outstanding lawyer in his practice areas by Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and Best Lawyers, and selected as the best lawyer in Spain for New Technologies sector by the international publication IT Law Lawyer experts.
Alejandro is a member of the European Alliance of New Technologies “World IT Lawyers”, a member of Denae (Spanish Association of Entertainment Law) and founding partner of ENATIC (Association of National Advocacy Experts ICT). He has also been the representative of the MERITAS Leadership Institute in the EMEA Region.
- Law Degree, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
- LLM in Legal Practice, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- LLM in International Law and International Relationships, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Intellectual Property Law, Postgraduate studies, IE Law School
- Entertainment Law, Postgraduate studies, IE Law School
- Managing Partner at ECIJA
- Head of Information Technology
- Academic Director of the Startup Lawyers Program (IE Law School, 3rd Edition)
- Professor at IE Law School
- Professor at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, University of Navarra, ICADE, Autonoma University of Madrid, etc.
- WIPO Arbitrator - Conflict resolution on domain names and trademarks
- Coordinator of the Memento of New Technologies Law, Editorial Lefebvre – El Derecho (2017)
- El derecho al olvido y a la intimidad en Internet (The right to privacy and be forgotten in Internet), 2014, La Catarata.
- Guías legales sobre Internet: Derecho de las tecnologías de la información y la comunicación en entornos empresariales, Coordinator, 2016, ExpansióN
- Corporate Compliance Facbook: Seguridad y Cumplimiento normativo en la empresa, 2010, Thomson-Aranzadi, (Corporate Compliance Factbook: Security & Regulatory Compliance);
- Datos Personales 2010, Thomson-Aranzadi (Data Protection Factbook).
- Co-author of the first only report published so far by the CSA Spanish Chapter on regulatory risks in Cloud Computing, aimed to the Spanish market: Cloud Compliance Report CSA ES.