Guillermo Canalejo Lasarte
Guillermo Canalejo is a partner based in Uría Menéndez’s Madrid office. He has a wide range of experience in corporate tax matters and specialises in cross-border investments and international tax planning, advising both foreign and Spanish based multinationals.
In addition, he is heavily involved in developing tax-efficient financing structures, securitisation transactions, and advising on the tax aspects of asset and project finance (primarily for the transportation and infrastructure sectors).
Guillermo also advises on private equity transactions, collective investment vehicles and wealth tax planning.
Guillermo jointly runs Uría Menéndez’s Middle East Practice Group.
- Law Degree, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1992
- B.A. in International Business Administration, American University of Paris, 1993
- Master’s Degree in Tax Law, CEG, Madrid, 1996
Membership of Professional Associations
- Madrid Bar Association
- American Bar Association: International Tax Section
- Seminars and Conferences: He regularly participates as a speaker at conferences related to his field of expertise, both in Spain and abroad.