Isabel López-Bustamante Pablos
Isabel López-Bustamante is the leading partner of the Spanish VAT practice of Deloitte Abogados. She started working for the firm on 2005, after 9 years working for Ernst & Young. She has been recognized by Best Lawyers and ITR (Guide to the World’s Leading Indirect Tax Advisors).
Isabel has more than 20 years of professional experience advising numerous Spanish and foreign companies in local and International aspects of business VAT. She has a vast knowledge of the tourism and travel industry, her major clients being international travel agencies, hotel chains and airline companies.
She has a strong international profile, having participated in many transnational VAT projects and its Spanish local implementation for Spanish and foreign entities. She also renders recurrent local advice and VAT management, particularly, assistance in the dealings with the Spanish General Directorate for VAT topics and in VAT Inspections.
She regularly participates in the development of internal and external VAT publications and acts as speaker at conferences and seminars. She is actively involved in local and international training and technical seminars of the firm Deloitte Abogados.
- Women Executive Program, ESADE (2014).
- LLM (Business Legal Advice), IE Business School (1995).
- Graduate in Law, Universidad de Deusto, Bilbao (1994).
- “Una planificación fiscal eficiente, una internacionalización exitosa” (An efficient fiscal planning, a successful internationalization), published in Legal Today on February 26th, 2016.
- “Una nueva forma de gestionar el IVA: debemos estar preparados” (A new way of managing the VAT: we shall be ready), published in Deloitte’s newsletter of October 2015.