Professor, Master in Digital Business & Innovation
Chief Product Officer at Barbara IoT
Data Science & Technology
Isidro Nistal is a telecommunication engineer, mobile industry expert and entrepreneur. For more than 15 years he has developed his career in the mobile and fintech industry. Always internationally oriented, he started his career as a R&D Engineer in Telefonica working as international standard bodies delegate, EU Innovation Project Manager and global procurement activities mainly focused on the still immature mobile internet.
After being awarded with a full grant by “La Caixa” Foundation he moves to China and US where he obtains his MBA at CEIBS in Shanghai (China Europe International Business School).
He starts his management career at Vodafone Group based in London where, as product manager of operator billing works with big internet players Spotify, Google, Microsoft, Netflix to enable them inside Vodafone European operators. Later he promotes to Senior Commercial Strategy Manager in M-Pesa, the biggest mobile banking platform in the world focused on developing countries in Africa. Also, in this period starts an international communications startup as cofounder and investor, Kolmee.
Currently, Isidro is the Chief Product Officer and co-founder of Barbara IoT, a startup focused in making IoT deployments easy and secure with its product “Barbara” with 3 years of history and its first investment round already closed.
- R&D Engineer, Telefonica R&D, Spain, 2006-2009
- Co-Founder, Kolmee, Spain, 2011-2015
- Product Manager Operator Billing, Vodafone Group, UK, 2012-13
- Principal Strategy M-Pesa Manager. Vodafone Group, UK. 2013-16
- Chief Product Officer, Barbara IoT, Spain, 2017-Now
- MSC Telecommunications Engineer, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain,2005
- Master Thesis, Lulea Tekniska Universitet, 2005
- MBA, China Europe International Business School (CEIBS), China, 2011
- MBA Exchange Program, McCombs Business School, University of Texas, USA, 2010