Luis has been working at Cuatrecasas since 1991, and is a partner of the Tax Department.
Luis specializes in advising financial and insurance companies on taxation, regarding both institutional implications and the financial products and services they offer to their customers, especially in the area of private banking and asset management.
An expert in business restructuring, he has extensive experience in designing and executing merger and acquisition transactions in the financial and insurance sector.
He lectures on subjects relating to financial taxation in courses at business schools such as the Instituto de Empresa, Universidad Pontificia de Comillas ICADE, the Fundación de Estudios Financieros and the Centro de Estudios Financieros (CEF), and regularly gives talks at conferences and forums.
Recommended by several directories, including Best Lawyers International Tax Review in Tax and Banking & Finance. He was also named Financial Institutions Lawyer of the Year in 2017 by Best Lawyers. He has been a member of the Madrid Bar Association since 1991.
- Master of Laws, Cuatrecasas, (1992).
- Master in Tax Consultancy, CEF, (1991).
- Graduate in Law, University Complutense of Madrid (1989).
He is co-author of various collective works related to his area of expertise and frequently writes for economic newspapers:
- “El TJUE declara el carácter discriminatorio del sistema de cesión las comunidades autónomas del Impuesto sobre Sucesiones y Donaciones” (The Court of Justice of the European Communities declares that the transfer of the Tax on Inheritance and Donations to the Autonomous Communities is null) in Cuatrecasas Blog, on September 23rd, 2014.
- “La inminente reforma fiscal” (The imminent tax reform) in El Economista, on June 14th, 2014.
- “¡Feliz OPA, inversor!” (Happy takeover, investor!) in Vozpópuli, on June 10th, 2014.
- “¿Goodbye, retribuciones en especie?” (Goodbye, compensations in kind?) in Cuatrecasas Blog, on May 7th, 2014.
- “La reforma fiscal que viene” (The upcoming tax reform) in Vozpópuli, on April 30th, 2014.
- “¿Qué gastos podemos deducir en la declaración del IRPF?” (Which expenses are deductible from the Spanish personal income tax declaration?).