Miguel Jaureguízar has a long career in financial markets management roles, especially those regarding to IT and Business integration in capital markets. After holding a partner role in consultancy, he took over as Head of Digital at Renta 4 Bank, where he’s been realizing the transformation of the company in a new, complex environment that defines the financial sector future.
He presides over the IT Committee at IEAF, the Spanish association of Financial Analysts, sitting at the Board as well. A MSc in Telecommunications Engineering and PgD in Applied Economics, Mr. Jaureguizar has been teaching several subjects related to Financial Markets, Risk Management, Fintech and Digital Assets at IE Business School and several universities as an associate professor.
Jaureguizar is currently involved in several corporate and academic endeavors regarding blockchain, tokenization and the transition to digital assets. He is an advocate for a controlled disruption of the financial services landscape and is a frequent speaker on the subject in international forums.
• Head of Digital, Renta 4 Banco, Spain, 2016-present
• Head of Operations, Noesis A.F. Group, 2006-2016
• Project Management Director, Noesis A.F. Group, 2002-2005
• Several roles under consultancy PM: SCH, BBVA, Bankia, B. Sabadell, 1999-2006
• Adjunct Professor, IE Business School, Spain, 2015-Present
• Adjunct Professor, CEU San Pablo, Spain, 2013-Present
• Adjunct Professor, eFEF, Spain, 2011-Present
• Associate Professor, IEB, Spain, 2010-Present
• Visiting Professor, UNIR, Spain, 2017-Present
• MSc in Science, Electronics, Communications and Computer Engineering (Telecommunications Engineering), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain, 1999
• PhD in Applied Economics, URJC, Spain, 2009
• Islamic Finance Qualification (IFQ) – Honors, Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments (CISI), UK, 2015