Paris de l´Etraz
Paris de l´Etraz
Paris de l’Etraz has spent over 20 years in investment banking and venture capital, mainly at UBS Bank and ABN AMRO. Since 2005, he has continued to be in the business of either raising funds, setting up new companies, selling or buying companies through his group Amazing Lab. He has a keen interest for what makes an entrepreneur and what he/she needs to succeed. In particular he has focused on venture capital, digital marketing, sports management, renewable energy and new technology industries.
Paris has developed and registered two patents, one in 1999, which provides an enterprise solution to the “six degrees of separation” idea and another in 2009 that takes client management into virtual online platforms with two-way communication between clients and service providers.
His PhD and research work focuses on the socialization challenges of certain highly quantitatively trained professionals in today’s organization using a narrative identity development approach.
• 1984 - 1986: Vice President, Venture Capital. MAG Group, New York
• 1986 - 1992: Vice President, M&A. UBS. New York and Zürich
• 1992 - 2002: Managing Director, M&A. ABN AMRO Bank, London
• 2002 - 2004: CEO, MCMS CRM Software Inc. London
• 2005 - Present: President, Amazing Lab AG, Madrid, Zurich
• PHD Management Sciences, Esade Business School
• 1984: MA Computer Science, courses completed, Boston University
• 1982: BA Computer Science, Boston University
• 1982: Recipient of the Kodak Award in Computer Science
• 2004 - 2009: Adjunct Professor, Esade Business School
• 2008 - 2009: Adjunct Professor IE Business School
• 2009 - Present: Professor of Entrepreneurship IE Business School
• 2010 - Present: Associate Dean Blended Programs IE Business School
• 2011 - Present: Managing Director of IE Venture Lab