Studying business administration at IE University means being immersed in an international environment and facing challenges at a global scale. In order to prepare you for the real world and avoid language constraints, our Bachelor in Business Administration is fully delivered in English. For those who need to improve their English language skills in order to study business in its international language and graduate with an advanced proficiency level, we offer a special track during the first year.
Students enjoying the weather and the outdoors areas of IE University whilst working and socializing.
The Language Proficiency Track (LPT) is designed for those students who wish to quickly adapt to studying fully in English in the BBA program at IE University. This track is led by the IE Business School and it is available for first year BBA students. It will allow you to access the Bachelor in Business Administration in English and study with people from over 130 countries while reinforcing your language skills. The enrolled students have an early start that begins a few weeks before the academic year, and lasts one academic year.
Students who take part in the Language Proficiency Track will be required to enroll in:
1. Summer Early Start. Led by the IE Business School, here you will go through the first unit of the English Proficiency Course and Business English, and you will study courses like Mathematics and Writing Skills, all in English.
2. Continuous support throughout the first year. In addition to your regular BBA subjects, throughout your first year you will have some mandatory courses that are meant to improve your English skills to reach the required level.
The program is designed for any non-native English speaker who has a need to enhance their English skills starting their very first year of study in order to complete the whole degree in this language.
1. The Language Proficiency Track is mandatory for those candidates who have been admitted to the BBA + LPT. This will not only enhance their language skills, but it will help them build their confidence and adjust to the environment.
2. The Summer Early Start cannot be substituted by a summer course abroad or English classes in an academy, since it is part of the BBA program and you will learn specific content that’s relevant to your business studies.
3. The reinforcement subjects are compulsory and cannot be replaced by other courses.
4. In their second year, all LPT students will study the exact same subjects as the other BBA undergraduates.