Brown Summer Program
IE UNIVERSITY AND BROWN UNIVERSITY JOINT SUMMER PROGRAM
This joint Summer Program between IE University and Brown University offers current IE University undergraduate students the opportunity to enroll in a two-week summer program hosted at Brown University Campus in Providence, RI.
with Faculty & extra-curricular events organized by Brown
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
July 12, 2020 – July 25, 2020
Monday, July 13 – Friday, July 24
The course is imparted by Faculty organized by Brown University. Upon completion of the course, students will receive two certificates: one from IE University and one from Brown University. Students are eligible to receive 3 ECTS credits that can be applied towards the students’ IE degree.
How does innovation affect us as a society? We often seem to think of innovation as inherently being a good thing for society, but is it really? At the core, what is innovation? Innovation can affect society in different ways depending on the stage of development and or growth and location. Students will explore the theme of innovation and its impact on society, from conception to global distribution.SOCIAL INNOVATION SYLLABUS
Your Program fee includes:
• Full room & board (housing & meals) for 14 days on Brown University Campus.
• Course taught by Faculty organized by Brown University and additional activities.
• Extracurricular activities organized by Brown.
• Brown and IE University certificate upon completion.
• Students are responsible for their travel fees, including flights and transportation to and from Brown as well as travel insurance.
(Please Read Carefully) Payment can be made in Euros to the following account:
Name: INSTITUTO DE EMPRESA S.L
Bank: Banco Sabadell Atlántico
Account Number: 0081 - 5281 - 45 - 0001037012
Concept of Transfer:
• “Brown University Summer Program 2020 + Student’s Full Name”
• Full name of the applicant must be shown on the receipt
IE University seeks students with intellectual curiosity, willingness to engage with others in an academic and social environment, and a standard of behavior in line with the expectations of both institutions.
To apply for the program students must complete the application form found below this page, which includes a statement of intent. IE University will consider the student’s:
- GPA (A minimum weighted GPA of 6.00/10.00 is required)
- Level of English
*This is a highly competitive program with a limited capacity. We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM IN THE PROGRAM BROCHUREDOWNLOAD
APRIL 8, 2019
Deadline to Apply
APRIL 11, 2019
Response from Program to accepted candidates
APRIL 15, 2019
Deadline to Pay €500 non-refundable Deposit
APRIL 30, 2019
Deadline to Pay Remaining Balance in Full
ACCOMMODATION AND CAMPUS LIFE AT BROWN
Brown University will provide assistance for students who need to apply for a visa.
For information on who to contact please visit this page.
Transportation to the airport, train station or bus station
TAXITAXI companies and airport shuttle in Rhode Island.
From campus to train, bus station or airport:
TRAINMBTA commuter train service to TF Green (Warwick, RI) Airport.
Trains leave from the Providence Amtrak Train Station (near Providence Place Mall):
- To TF Green, Check MBTA commuter rail schedule for Providence/Stoughton Line (Outbound from Providence to TF Green, or Inbound from TFGreen to Providence). Increased service to TF Green began November 2011
- To Boston/Logan, MBTA commuter rail to South Station, switch to Silver Line to Logan Airport terminals. For instructions, check Getting to Logan info on the MBTA site
BUSBUS service to TF Green (Warwick, RI) via RIPTA and to Logan (Boston) Airports via Peter Pan Bus Lines.
- To TF Green, RIPTA buses leave from Providence Kennedy Plaza (downtown). You can walk to Kennedy Plaza or take a bus from the Thayer Street tunnel. On the RIPTA website, select Schedule & Fares > Trip Planner to identify your bus and time (Tunnel is 218 Thayer St, Providence). Current students who show Brown ID are able to ride any RIPTA bus or trolley anywhere within the state at no charge
- To Boston/Logan, Peter Pan buses leave from the Providence Bus Terminal (2 miles north of campus, take a cab from campus to the Peter Pan bus terminal)