Brown Summer Program
Classes will run for three hours during the morning. After a lunch break, students may have up to an additional three hours of scheduled classes or extracurricular activities. In the afternoons and evenings, students are free to meet up with friends, enjoy life at the Brown campus or head out to explore the city of Providence and nearby cities and towns of New England.
with Faculty organized by Brown and IE University
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
June 30, 2019 – July 20, 2019
Monday, July 1 – Friday, July 19
(July 4 is a holiday and students will not have class on that day)
The course is imparted by Faculty organized by Brown University. Upon completion of the course, students will receive two certificates: one from IE University and one from Brown University. Students are eligible to receive 3 ECTS credits that can be applied towards the students’ IE degree.
How does innovation affect us as a society? We often seem to think of innovation as inherently being a good thing for society, but is it really? At the core, what is innovation? Innovation can affect society in different ways depending on the stage of development and or growth and location. Students will explore the theme of innovation and its impact on society, from conception to global distribution.SOCIAL INNOVATION SYLLABUS
• Full room & board (housing & meals) for 21 days on Brown University Campus
• Course taught by Faculty organized by Brown University and additional activities with IE Professor
• Extracurricular studies & events organized by IE Professor & Brown University Staff
• Brown and IE University certificate upon completion
• Students are responsible for their travel fees, including flights and transportation to and from Brown as well as travel insurance
(Please Read Carefully) Payment can be made in Euros to the following account:
Name: INSTITUTO DE EMPRESA S.L
Bank: Banco Sabadell Atlántico
Account Number: 0081 - 5281 - 45 - 0001037012
Concept of Transfer:
• “Brown University Summer Program 2019 + Student’s Full Name”
• Full name of the applicant must be shown on the receipt
IE University seeks students with intellectual curiosity, willingness to engage with others in an academic and social environment, and a standard of behavior in line with the expectations of both institutions.
To apply for the program students must complete the application form found below this page, which includes a statement of intent. IE University will consider the student’s:
• GPA (A minimum weighted GPA of 6.00/10.00 is required)
• Level of English
*This is a highly competitive program with a limited capacity. We encourage you to apply as early as possible.
APRIL 8, 2019
Deadline to Apply
APRIL 11, 2019
Response from Program to accepted candidates
APRIL 15, 2019
Deadline to Pay €500 non-refundable Deposit
APRIL 30, 2019
Deadline to Pay Remaining Balance in Full
ACCOMMODATION AND CAMPUS LIFE AT BROWN
There’s always plenty of fun and enjoyment to be had, both on and off campus. The Brown campus is bustling with activity and life, with the busy Thayer Street running straight through the campus. The close-knit housing and dining system means that visiting students can easily make new friends with other students on campus. The city of Providence is one of Brown’s most valuable assets, with its many galleries, shops, and restaurants that offer convenience, enrichment, and entertainment.
FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM IN THE PROGRAM BROCHUREDOWNLOAD
Brown University will provide assistance for students who need to apply for a visa.
For information on who to contact please visit this page.
Transportation to the airport, train station or bus station
TAXI companies and airport shuttle in Rhode Island.
From campus to train, bus station or airport:
MBTA commuter train service to TF Green (Warwick, RI) Airport.
Trains leave from the Providence Amtrak Train Station (near Providence Place Mall):
- To TF Green, Check MBTA commuter rail schedule for Providence/Stoughton Line (Outbound from Providence to TF Green, or Inbound from TFGreen to Providence). Increased service to TF Green began November 2011
- To Boston/Logan, MBTA commuter rail to South Station, switch to Silver Line to Logan Airport terminals. For instructions, check Getting to Logan info on the MBTA site
BUS service to TF Green (Warwick, RI) via RIPTA and to Logan (Boston) Airports via Peter Pan Bus Lines.
- To TF Green, RIPTA buses leave from Providence Kennedy Plaza (downtown). You can walk to Kennedy Plaza or take a bus from the Thayer Street tunnel. On the RIPTA website, select Schedule & Fares > Trip Planner to identify your bus and time (Tunnel is 218 Thayer St, Providence). Current students who show Brown ID are able to ride any RIPTA bus or trolley anywhere within the state at no charge
- To Boston/Logan, Peter Pan buses leave from the Providence Bus Terminal (2 miles north of campus, take a cab from campus to the Peter Pan bus terminal)