Master in Business Analytics and Big Data - Objectives and competences
The Master uses a combination of training in business analytics and Big Data, as well as the essentials of business and administration to produce specialists with global vision and skills that are highly valued in the marketplace. It focuses on the strategic value that analyzing data adds to 21st-century business, companies and institutions allowing graduates to learn how to maximize their impact as part of any team or organization.
The Master program in Business Analytics and Big Data will provide you with the set of skills and competences that you will require in your professional career.
- To possess and understand knowledge that creates a foundation or opportunity to be original in the development and application of ideas, especially in an analysis context.
- To know how to apply the knowledge acquired and be able to solve problems in new and relatively unfamiliar settings within broader (and multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- To be able to integrate knowledge and take on the complexity of forming opinions based on incomplete or limited information that includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of one’s knowledge and opinions.
- To know how to communicate one’s conclusions, as well as the knowledge and ultimate rationale that support them, to specialized and general audiences in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- To possess the learning skills that will enable students to continue their education in a manner that will need to be largely self-directed and independent.
- The ability to analyze and make the necessary decisions to understand a business situation from an analytical perspective in the face of complex situations.
- The ability to use critical thought and judgment effectively when evaluating and discussing one’s own work and that of other professionals in the area of business analytics and big data.
- To assess market opportunities in the new context of a digital, global and integrated economy.
- To apply innovative solutions to business problems in different industries based on the analytical exploitation of the large volumes of information available in each industry.
- To identify the sources of information needed to support the different functions of the organization.
- To propose innovative solutions to business problems in different functional areas of the organization based on the analytical exploitation of the organization’s internal and external sources of information.
- To successfully carry out data extraction, transformation and uploading processes on sources of information identified in organizations.
- To define models of computerized and physical data that make it possible to program queries of databases using SQL and understand the components of a business intelligence system.
- To apply Hadoop architecture for processing large datasets in a way that allows this architecture to integrate with traditional information systems.
- To use new programming languages for parallel mass data processing.
- To improve the ability to extract, transform and upload data to new data-storage systems.
- To analyze and understand the characteristics of the business and translate them into a quantitative data-analysis method.
- To select and implement the most suitable data mining and analysis techniques based on the analysis objectives and the data available.
- To understand the process of selecting a suitable dataset in order to select and apply the appropriate data mining techniques, thereby constructing predictive, classification and segmentation models.
- To interpret and evaluate data when the results of the different types of model have been obtained.
- To understand the critical connections between behavioral skills and personal ability in order to achieve successful professional development.
- To design, structure and convincingly present an entrepreneurial opportunity.