Dear IE Community,
IE University has confirmed today, Wednesday March 4th, that there is a new case of COVID-19 on our Segovia campus. The affected student had recently visited an at-risk country. His last class was on Thursday February 27th and he began to feel light symptoms on Sunday March 1st, at which point he began quarantine in his house. Today he continues under quarantine with medical supervision. We are happy to report that he is feeling well and continues his classes online.
Following the recommendations of the health authorities, our campuses remain open. However, we are taking additional precautions:
As of today and during the next 14 days:
- All classes will be delivered only online.
- Extracurricular activities will be rescheduled.
- Classes will be delivered face-to-face and online.
- Those students who are under quarantine or have underlying medical conditions must attend classes online exclusively.
- We advise students who are otherwise concerned to follow their classes online.
- Extracurricular activities will continue and streaming will be available.
IE UNIVERSITY TRAVEL POLICY REGARDING COVID19
Please take care of your health and protect others. According to WHO, most people who become infected with COVID-19 experience mild illness and recover. The majority recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Older people and those with underlying medical conditions are more likely to develop serious illness. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.