Assistant professor of entrepreneurship, IE Business School (2009-present).
IE Business School
Peter’s research focuses on the origin and evolution of entrepreneurial organizations, as well as their capabilities and strategies.
Peter’s field of study essentially synthesizes a number of disciplines and fields, including social cognitive psychology, organizational theory, the theory of the firm and competitive strategy.
More specifically, he looks at how the behavior of entrepreneurs influences the founding and growth of new ventures. “I am fascinated by the initial conditions of entrepreneurial organizations. I want to understand what happens when diverse individuals join forces to pursue a collective dream,” Professor Bryant explains.
Peter’s work has been published in the Journal of Business Venturing, Applied Psychology: An International Review, Management Decision and Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research.
He has been invited to speak at some of the world’s most prestigious conferences in the fields of entrepreneurship and strategy, including the Babson College Entrepreneurship Research Conference, Academy of Management Annual Meeting and Strategic Management Society Conference.
Peter is also passionate about teaching and mentoring aspiring entrepreneurs. Prior to becoming a professor, Peter held a number of managerial roles in a range of industries, including Qantas Airways, St George Bank, Deloitte and A&B Venture Capital.
He also worked at the University of Sydney where he managed the creation of new technologies ventures. In this role, Peter was responsible for the creation of a number of spin-off companies. Two of these were successfully launched on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), and another attracted early stage venture capital investment.
- Doctorate in management, Macquarie University, Australia
- Master’s in management, Macquarie University, Australia
- Bachelor’s in history with University Medal, the University of Sydney, Australia.
- Assistant professor of entrepreneurship, IE Business School, 2009 to present
- Senior lecturer in management, Macquarie Graduate School of Management, 2008-2009
- Senior lecturer in innovation and entrepreneurship, Macquarie University, 2006-2007
- Manager of New Ventures, The University of Sydney, Australia
- Senior associate, A&B Venture Capital, Australia
- Client manager, Deloitte, Australia
- Manager of business contingency planning, St George Bank, Australia
- Systems analyst, Qantas Airways, Australia