While you (hereinafter, the “User”) browse the website www.ie.edu (hereinafter, the “Website”), your data may be processed through the installation of cookies and similar technologies by the following entities:
· INSTITUTO DE EMPRESA, S.L., with Tax ID: B-82334319 and registered office at C/ María de Molina, 13 – Madrid, CP: 28006.
· IE UNIVERSIDAD, with Tax ID: G-40155384 and registered office at C/ Cardenal Zúñiga, 12 – Segovia, CP: 40003.
Hereinafter jointly referred to as “IE”, “us” or “we”.
The User is hereby informed that we only have direct control over our own cookies installed in our Website, but not third party cookies. You will find detailed information on the third parties that install cookies on the Website below.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a data storage and retrieval device, which contains information about the User’s navigation through the Website. Cookies are sent to the User’s browser by the websites they browse, including the Website, and afterwards stored on the User’s computer.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED THROUGH COOKIES
· The date and time of the last time the user visited our website.
· The content that the user viewed during his first visit to our website.
· The user’s login data.
· The default language.
· Device type, operating system and version, browser type and settings, device ID or other individual device identifier and individual device token.
· IP address of the device you use for email access
For the personalization activities explained below, your personal data may be combined to gather information about your interests, as explained hereinafter.
Cookies are used to collect information about the User’s navigation in order to provide our services, to measure the performance of our website, as well as to show you personalized advertising related to your preferences, by obtaining data necessary to profile your browsing habits, such as pages visited, frequency of access, time used and similar parameters.
TYPES OF COOKIES
We use the following cookies through the Website:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
Please note that technical cookies are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the Website and to provide the User with the information society service requested by the User. These technical cookies do not require the User’s consent.
Likewise, User’s data derived from the installation of cookies will be kept for a limited period of time depending on the technical characteristics of the relevant cookie, but in any case no longer than 24 months as of the moment where the User consented its installation. Notwithstanding the storage that may be necessary for the formulation, exercise or defense of potential claims and/or as long as permitted by applicable law.
WITH WHOM WILL WE SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES?
We may share the data obtained through the installation of cookies on the Website with the following categories of recipients:
· Service Providers. We has service providers to assist us in the management, analysis and continuous improvement of the Website.
· Third parties that install cookies on the Website. The entities that install their cookies on the Website will use the data collected through their cookies for the purposes indicated above.
These communications may in some cases be made to entities located outside the EEA or countries recognized as safe by the EU, which would imply an international transfer of data. In that case, IE will implement the necessary safeguards to provide an adequate level of protection of personal data, such as the use of standard contractual clauses (for example, with countries such as Brazil, Canada, China, USA, India, Kenya, etc.). For more information on such guarantees the User may contact IE as set out below.
HOW CAN YOU CONSENT OR REJECT THE INSTALLATION OF COOKIES?
EXERCISE OF RIGHTS REGARDING COOKIES
The User may send a communication to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference “Data Protection”, enclosing evidence of his identity, at any time and free of charge, to:
Revoke the consents granted.
· Obtain confirmation as to whether IE is processing personal data concerning the User or not.
· Access to their personal data.
· Rectify inaccurate or incomplete data.
· Request the deletion of their data when, among other reasons, the data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
· Obtain from IE the limitation of data processing when any of the conditions provided for in the data protection regulations are met.
· Object to the processing of your data. In these cases, IE will stop processing your data, except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
· Request the portability of their data.
Likewise, the User may complain to the Spanish Data Protection Agency, through the address indicated by it at any time, when they consider that IE has infringed the rights granted by the applicable data protection regulations.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the User may contact IE’s data protection outsourcing through DataPrivacyOffice@ie.edu.
MODIFICATION OF THIS COOKIE NOTICE
We may modify this Cookie Notice in accordance with the applicable legislation at any given time. In any case, we will inform the User of any modification of the Cookie Notice that has a relevant impact on their privacy and the protection of their data, and in the event that the applicable regulations so require, we will give them the possibility of granting their consent again.