1. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER OF YOUR DATA?
Depending on the use made of the website https://www.ie.edu/ (hereinafter, the website), your data may be processed by the following entities:
INSTITUTO DE EMPRESA, S.L.
- NIF: B-82334319
- Registered Office: C/ María de Molina, 11 – Madrid 28006 (Spain)
- NIF: G-40155384
- Registered Office: C/ Cardenal Zúñiga, 12 – Segovia 40003 (Spain)
Hereinafter, both named as “IE”, and
- NIF: G-81711459
- Registered Office: C/ María de Molina 13 – Madrid 28006 (Spain)
2. INFORMATION AND CONSENT
3. OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE THE PERSONAL DATA
Data requested in the forms of the Web are in general mandatory in order to meet the stated purposes (unless in the required field specified otherwise). Therefore, if these are not provided or are not provided correctly, the service/demand required won’t be able to be provided, being only able to visualize freely the content of the Website.
4. WITH WHAT PURPOSE WILL THE PERSONAL DATA OF THE USER BE PROCESSED AND FOR HOW LONG?
The personal data provided through the Website will be processed by IE and / or by IE Foundation, according to the following purposes:
- Provide you with personalized information about products, services, events, courses, programs, promotions and relevant news, by sending commercial communications through electronic and traditional means.
- Manage the inscription in the corresponding event, when the User has provided their data for this purpose. In this regard, the User is informed that IE and IE Foundation reserve the right to take photographs and make videos of Users who attend organized events or events where there is participation of IE and / or IE Foundation, in order to promote the activities of the company. If the User does not want their data to be processed in accordance with said purpose, please do not expose to the photographic or audiovisual screenshots during the event.
- Manage the admission’s procedure, which may include arrangements with the official and/or necessary organizations, and the admission’s tests of the students, which will even include the creation of profiles, in the event the User initiates the application for the Admission’s process in IE.
- Manage the evaluation and, where appropriate, grant scholarships or financial aids for students, which will even include the elaboration of profiles, in the event that the user initiates the Grant Application or Financial Assistance process.
The User’s data will be kept by IE and by IE Foundation during a period necessary to comply with the aforementioned purposes or until the data subjects opposes or revokes his/her consent.
5. WHAT DATA ARE WE GOING TO PROCESS?
IE and/or Fundación IE may treat the following categories of user data, depending on the request made through the Web site or by any other means.
- Identifying data.
- Contact details.
- Personal characteristics data.
- Data on social circumstances.
- Employment details data.
- Academic and professional data.
- Economic and financial data.
6. WHICH IS THE LAWFULNESS OF THE PROCESSING OF USER DATA?
The processing of User data by IE and by IE Foundation is based on consent given and can be withdrawn at any time. However, if you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processings carried out previously.
The consents obtained for the aforementioned purposes are independent. So if the User revokes only one of them, it won’t affect the others.
7. TO WHOM WILL WE COMMUNICATE THE USER’S DATA?
Your personal data may only be disclosed to companies of the IE Group, as well as to service providers of IE and of / or IE Foundation, only for the aforementioned purposes.
The recipients indicated in this section may be located within or outside the European Economic Area, being duly legitimated international data transfers.
Likewise, in the case your residence is outside the EEA, your data may be communicated to IE’s Offices, as well as to IE Alumni, located outside the EEA, which would imply an international data transfer, in order to manage and carry out your request for information, registration and admission.
8. RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USER
- Guarantees he/she is over 16 years old and the data he/she provides to IE and the IE Foundation are true, exact, complete and updated. In this sense, the User is responsible for the truthfulness of all the data he / she communicates and will provide updated information, in a way that responds to his / her actual situation.
- Guarantees you have informed third persons whose data is provided, if any, of the aspects contained in this document. You also guarantee you have obtained his/her authorization to provide their data to IE and IE Foundation for the purposes indicated.
- Will be responsible for false or inaccurate information provided through the Website and for direct or indirect damages which may be caused to IE and / or IE Foundation or to third parties.
9. COMMERCIAL AND PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
One of the purposes for which IE and IE Foundation will process the personal data provided by the Users is to send them personalized electronic communications with information regarding products, services, events, courses, programs, promotions and relevant news for Users. If any communication of this type is made, it will be addressed exclusively to those Users who have not previously expressed their refusal to receive them. To carry out this purpose, a profile based on your preferences will be developed, based on the information provided by the user or obtained even from external sources. In the event the User wishes to stop receiving commercial or promotional communications, he / she may unsubscribe from these services by sending an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or through any of the communications received.
10. EXERCISE OF RIGHTS
The User can send a letter to email@example.com, enclosing a photocopy of your identity document, to:
- Revoke the consents granted.
- Obtain confirmation as to whether IE and / or IE Foundation is processing personal data related to the User or not.
- Access your personal data.
- Rectify inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Request the erasure of your data when, among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected in the first place.
- Obtain from IE and / or from IE Foundation the restriction of the processing of the data, if any of the conditions stipulated in the data protection regulation is fulfilled.
- Request the portability of your data.
Likewise, data subject may lodge a complaint to the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, if he/she considers IE and / or IE Foundation has violated the rights which are recognized in the applicable data protection regulation.
However, the above mentioned, the data subject may contact the data protection officer of IE and IE Foundation, whose contact details are Data Privacy Officer, C/María de Molina, 12, 28006-MADRID, DataPrivacyOffice@ie.edu.
11. SECURITY MEASURES
The User’s data will be processed at all times in an absolutely confidential manner and keeping the mandatory duty of confidentiality, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulation, adopting the necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security of your data and avoid its alteration, loss, unauthorized processing or access, taking into account the state of the art, the nature of the stored data and the risks to which they are exposed.
Last update: May 2018.