Venture Networks Area 31 Perfect your pitch, ask and field questions, give and receive feedback, and network! Thursdays at 7pm!
Venture Networks Area 31
Venture Networks Area 31 are informal gatherings directed by Allison Rohe, Deputy Director of IE’s Venture Lab, where startup teams can meet investors in a casual setting and focus on building meaningful relationships. These events are a great way to perfect your pitch and receive expert feedback within a supportive community of local startup entrepreneurs and . You never know – you may even be one of the startups that closes an investment agreement thanks to pitching in Area 31!
Every Thursday evening at 7 pm in Area 31 (Calle de Maria de Molina, 31, Madrid), Allison Rohe hosts Venture Networks. To participate in these events, which are open to the public, startups must meet the profile and be able to pitch in English. There’s nothing more important for a budding entrepreneur than a well-constructed and well-executed pitch… and those don’t happen without practice!
Startups: Please review the eligibility requirements and send us an email.
Investors: If you’d like to know what startups are scheduled to pitch and perhaps join an event, be sure to email us to receive our weekly emails about the participating startups.
Contact Carmen Corrais: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can attend? We open Area 31’s doors on Thursdays to students, entrepreneurs, investors, and anyone curious about startups and entrepreneurship!
In order to apply to pitch at Venture Networks Area 31, your startup must:
- Be less than 2 years old (since entering the market)
- Have at least 1 person working full-time
- Be incorporated or be in the process of incorporation
- Be seeking investment (between € 50,000 and € 500,000) or plan to open a funding round in the next 6 months.
*Preferred: Startups with scalable business models and an international scope.
Note: Startups and attendees do NOT have to be associated with IE University or IE Business School.
Venture Networks Area 31 are weekly pitch and networking events held in Area 31, IE’s entrepreneurship hub. The events are organized in the spirit of creating a collaborative, supportive space for entrepreneurs and for those who aspire to become entrepreneurs at some point.
Venture Networks serve as a way of helping entrepreneurs perfect their pitches in English, gain exposure and receive valuable feedback from an investor’s perspective, as well as from IE’s incredibly diverse and international student body.
Every Thursday, with few exceptions*, two startups make 7-minute pitches in English before a panel of investors and entrepreneurs. After each pitch, the floor is open to the panel of investors who are invited to ask questions, offer advice or provide feedback on the startup’s pitch, business model, product, etc.
When the panel finishes asking any questions, the floor is open to the public who are invited to ask questions and make constructive comments.
Afterwards, all are invited to share a beer from our sponsor, Heineken, and continue to chat and network informally in Area 31.
Startups and Investors: email email@example.com
*We do not host Venture Networks during the month of July, South Summit (Madrid) or during the week of our Venture Day Madrid (Nov 29th).
Venture Networks are held in Area 31 every* Thursday at 7pm.
Our first Venture Network of the year will be on Thursday, Jan 17!
Sept. 13th: Vertical on PropTech (5-min pitches)
- Clicpiso (Sell your home online with one click! Buy a home easily & fast!)
- Chekin (the best app to manage your short-term stay rentals)
- Raixer (solution for short or long-term rentals to automatize the opening of doors without changing the locks)
- HomyHub (Open up your garage door from an app, wherever and whenever. Great for package deliveries…)
- Urbanitae (Crowdfunding with small tickets for large real estate investments)
Sept. 20th: 2 startups 7-min. pitches
- TourSnapp (a mobile app which alerts users about nearby points of interest and provides reliable information on the spot.)
- Watiofy (A free, independent and friendly energy price comparison site, which helps users to understand their bills, find the best rates and save money.)
Sept. 27th: Featuring South Summit Finalists
Oct. 4th: NO Venture Network (we’ll be at South Summit! Join us there!)
Oct. 11th 2 startups 7-min. pitches
- Grooparty (A Marketplace for social events. “The new Airbnb for the social events”. )
- DropAlley ( We combine online and offline retail to give you the most convenient shopping experience – Try & Buy. We bring products to you whenever and wherever you want so you can TRY before you BUY.
- Smartcredit (Provides online financing of your medical bills, and offers an opportunity to invest with high ROI).
INTERESTED IN PITCHING?
Contact us to find out more!Contact us