Like many other institutions, IE University has had to adapt to the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic. A 100% online admissions process is part of our response, making it easier for prospective master’s students from the get-go.
Your choice of university will have a huge bearing on your personal journey, your professional ambitions and your life achievements. At IE University, we remain committed to continuing our programs by adapting to circumstances, rather than putting our students’ education on hold. In keeping with the entrepreneurial mindset and agile methodologies that characterize our programs, the IE University admissions process has been converted to a 100% online system. Nevertheless, the objective of the process remains the same: to offer as much support and assistance as possible to prospective master’s applicants, no matter their specific circumstances.
Admissions process guidance
The move to a 100% online application process doesn’t mean there’s no help available for those who have difficulties or questions about applying. Indeed, the IE Admissions Department is here to help solve any questions or challenges you may have at any stage of the process. Whether it’s a very specific question about a given program, or just an informal chat, feel free to reach out to them—they are there to help you achieve your goals.
The IE University admissions process comprises five steps, across two phases:
– Online application. The online application form includes detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to fill it out. It guides you smoothly through the process.
– Online assessment. Having submitted your application and paid the application fee, you’ll receive a link to three live questions; two in video format and one in written format. This gives us a chance to evaluate how you respond in real time and under pressure.
– Online admissions test. This will be either the IE Global Admissions Test (ieGAT), the GMAT, the GRE or the LSAT, depending on the program. An online ieGAT may be taken at home due to the current circumstances. Please note that your program of choice may not require an admissions test, so make sure you always remember to double check on your program’s website.
– The second phase begins with an online personal review. The Admissions Committee will, after all the earlier steps are completed, review your application and determine whether you will advance to the final interview phase.
– Once you’ve completed the previous steps, your application and a report from a reviewer will be passed to the Admissions Committee for a Final Committee Decision.
We’re here to help you, so don’t hesitate to contact the admissions team for your program of choice.
What are we looking for?
While the specific requirements for each program will vary, there are some common traits that we’re looking for in prospective master’s students. We are deeply committed to academic rigor, diversity and innovation, and a human-centered approach underscores everything we do. Similarly, an entrepreneurial approach to the theory and practice of education is at the heart of all of our programs. The candidates who best fit IE University will be those who demonstrate that they share these values in their application.
Entry requirements for each program can be found on their respective pages on the IE University website, along with admissions process guidance. We welcome admissions from all over the world, and pride ourselves on the diversity of our student body and faculty.
Over 75% of our students come from outside Spain, from over 60 different educational systems in more than 100 countries, and speak on average three languages.
Not sure which master’s to study?
Our range of programs is as diverse as our community, grouped into subject areas to guide you toward the master’s that’s right for you. Programs cover everything from International MBAs, through design and architecture degrees, to finance, law and human sciences. There’s something for every ambitious candidate in every conceivable sphere, and our Liquid Learning methodology means you receive world-class education, tailored to your personal circumstances, wherever you are.
Changing with the times
The COVID-19 pandemic has required adaptability, innovation and a resilient mindset. IE University has worked closely with health authorities to have the right protocols in place and keep students, faculty and staff up to date on the changing situation. As a result, we were able to reopen our classrooms back in June 2020 and since have been operating normally thanks to these safety measures. Judith San Juan, alum of the Master in Visual & Digital Media, explains, “The circumstances have pushed us to be resilient and creative. We are living out IE’s spirit of innovation as learning continues outside of the classroom.”
Over 7,000 students have continued their training exclusively online during the health crisis. The 100% online admissions process enables prospective members of our diverse community to take the first steps in realizing their learning and career ambitions with confidence. We’re ready for the new normal in whatever form it takes.
Our programs are still usually full several months before intake. We operate on a rolling admissions process, but it’s advisable to begin the process as early as possible. Remember, if you have any questions about any aspect of IE University, from the admissions process to the programs, life on campus, financial aid or the entry requirements for master’s study in Spain, get in touch. If you’d like to know more about any of our master’s programs, you can also request information through our website.