Our goal is to help you with all necessary immigration paperwork, ensuring that you fully comply with Spanish laws during your stay in Spain. If you are going to study in Madrid or Segovia and your expected stay is for more than three months, the first thing you need to do is to check whether or not you need a student visa.


If your nationality is mentioned below you do not need a visa:
Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia , Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Romania, and Sweden.

Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.


Once you have arrived in Spain you just need to register in the Central Register of Foreign Nationals, in order to obtain a Spanish Residency document.

This is a mandatory process that is necessary in order to obtain your University Diploma, do an internship, etc.! Our office will send you all of the necessary information and we will help you with the process.

Some of the documents you will need are:
• Certificate of enrollment from our school.
• Valid passport.
• EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) or private health insurance.
• Proof of financial means to cover your stay in Spain.

*Please be aware that all the documents will need to be in Spanish and Euros.



Do you need a visa? If your nationality is not listed above, you will need a student visa. It is very important that you apply for your visa three months before you move to Spain to ensure that you receive it on time. Our office will send admitted students an informative email in due time with all of the necessary information.

Note that, among other documents, you will need:

  • Certificate of enrollment from our school.
  • Valid passport throughout your stay.
  • Recent criminal record certificate.
  • Proof of financial means to cover your stay in Spain.
  • Proof of complete medical insurance coverage in Spain. For more information on this requirement, kindly take a look at our section Medical Insurance.

First steps

For obtaining a student visa, you should always first consult the Spanish Consular Authorities that correspond to your particular jurisdiction. However, feel free to contact our staff if you require additional guidance on specific procedures and/or matters concerning the Embassy or Consulate.

Student Services is here to help you at every stage of your visa application process. To contact our department, you can email us at or call us at (+34) 91 568 98 96.

Map of Spanish consulates around the world
Additional medical insurance details