European Tech Insights 2020Unveiling the technological future that citizens want and their concerns in a changing world
- European Tech Insights 2020
1 JUN 2020
European Tech Insights 2020
European Tech Insights
European Tech Insights 2020 explores how the general public across nine European countries feel about the Fourth Industrial Revolution and the role technology and tech companies play in society.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major global impact on attitudes towards data privacy, politics, and the regulation of new technologies. This is particularly the case with citizens of some of the hardest-hit European countries. How do European citizens feel about automation, surveillance or the regulation of big tech companies? What effects has the COVID-19 pandemic had on perceptions towards technology? What sort of technological future do Europeans want?
Join the Center for the Governance of Change at IE University on Monday, June 1 at 18h00 (GMT+2) to learn more about the findings of the second edition of the annual European Tech Insights report and to hear from:
– Carl Benedikt Frey, Oxford Martin Citi Fellow and Director of the Future of Work Program, University of Oxford.
– Marietje Schaake, International Policy Director at the Cyber Policy Center, Stanford University.
– Oscar Jonsson, Academic Director at the Center for the Governance of Change, IE University.
– Carlos Lastra, Research Coordinator at the Center for the Governance of Change, IE University.
Opening remarks by: Diego del Alcázar, Executive Vice President, IE University
If you wish to attend, please register hereRegistration