Two IE student looking to  a computer

Visas & Housing


If you are a non-European student, planning to take part in one of our Summer programs, you might need to apply for a Schengen visa (up to 90 days) depending on your nationality (Check it HERE), at the Spanish Consulate that pertains to you and according to your place of legal residence.

A visa application must be submitted within 180 days before the date of your trip (and no later than 15 days before the date of your trip). You should verify the website or bulletin board of the consulate that pertains to you. Once you finish your enrolment process, our Student Services department will send you your academic visa supporting documents. 

picture from a visa

any questions or need further clarification?

Please get in touch with our Student Services office so that they can guide you. In addition, please carefully read the Schengen FAQs and contact the Spanish Consulate for further details.



Will I have to travel to Madrid?

Beyond Campus

Beyond Campus is an exclusive platform, made by IE students, for IE students. Choosing a student residence will keep you from taking care of time-consuming logistical issues, allowing you to focus on the important things! They have special packages for our Summer students! (Please select your Campus, June/July, and choose between one of the Summer School options, available for 3 weeks/1 month)

If you are interested in booking this option, we recommend you do so as soon as possible, as residences have limited availability and they can fill up quickly. If you need any further information, please reach out to Beyond Campus at


Booking a hotel room can be the perfect option to live your IE experience. IE has agreements with hotels from different chains.

If you prefer to enjoy a more independent lifestyle instead, cook your own meals and have your own space, IE can recommend different short-term accommodation companies or aparthotels as well as different real estate agencies that will allow you to rent flats for short-term stays, paying prices often similar or cheaper than booking a hotel.

Student Services will send you a list of recommended options with your visa supporting documents.