In 1982 a group of alumni set up the IE Alumni Association. Since then, all our members have worked on a voluntary basis to fulfill a mission based on IE’s values.
Two of key aspects that make IE students and alumni stand out are their diversity and the number of different countries they come from. To better achieve its vision the Association has a network of over 200 clubs and chapters around the world that are based on field or sector interest, geography or affinity.
All the Association’s activities are run through this network and may be onsite, on campus and anywhere in the world, or online due to our presence in major social networks and IE’s virtual community..
Our mission is to develop relations between all members of the IE community, promote continuing education and create opportunities for networking, employment and business for all our members.
The cornerstones that support the activities of the Alumni Association and its clubs are the values defined and instilled by IE in the fabric of its day-day activities.
Diversity: We respect and are proud of the diversity of the members of our community, students, alumni, faculty and staff. They can all express themselves freely. We do not discriminate on grounds of race or ethnicity, color, culture, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or age. One of the Alumni Association’s objectives is to build and maintain an appropriate environment for the free exchange of ideas.
Innovation: Innovation is a key factor when tackling any type of activity. Pioneering and creative thinking is essential to meet the demands of a changing and uncertain world.
Excellence: Excellence is not just an achievement for IE and its entire community. It is also an attitude that leads to the pursuit of continuous improvement on a daily basis..
Corporate responsibility: As an institution that trains the leaders of the future, IE has assumed a commitment to society to promote sustainable development and the conservation of natural resources. It also considers people to be the main asset of any organization.
Entrepreneurship: Entrepreneurship is the lifeblood of the IE community. It is not only about setting up companies to drive progress and wellbeing. It is also about fostering the continuous creation of value on both a personal and professional level.
Humanities: The inclusion of humanities in all IE program curricula means students learn to analyze the world from a broader and deeper perspective, think critically, make a distinction between the essential and the trivial, develop empirical reasoning and express themselves clearly by linking ideas creatively. This is why the Association includes a humanistic approach to the continuous learning it offers.
- As a global organization the Alumni Association’s main objective is to expand worldwide in line with IE’s core values.
- We publicize IE’s academic activities and the talent of its graduates in the academic and professional environment.
- We strive to ensure that IE’s mission and values are upheld by present and future generations of students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- We run activities and forge links that enhance the network made up of the entire IE community through events on campus, off-site or online.
Board of directors
- Fernando Barnuevo Sebastián de Erice
- Alfonso Martínez De Irujo Y Stuart
- Carlos Fernández De Araoz Gómez Acebo
- Isabel Mª Colomina Casaus
- Salvador Garçon Permanyer
- Adolfo Gil Acacio
- Mª Victoria Gimeno Novo
- Antonio Montes Perez Del Real
- Concepcion Osacar Garaicoechea
- Sergio Rivas Romero Valdespino
- Carlos Serrano Rodriguez
- Mariona Roger Rull
- Santiago Iñiguez De Onzoño Garcia
- Gonzalo Garland Hilbck
- Begoña González Cuesta
- Banafsheh Farhangmehr
- Gayle Allard
- Juan Carlos Martínez Lázaro
- Lee Newman
- Amber Wigmore Alvarez
- Alfonso Saez Alonso Muñumer
- Frank Uffen
- David Fogel
- Miguel Arias Bermúdez
- Servane Claudel
- Afueri Edeki
- Aditya Malhotra
- Jesús Izquierdo García